Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Esp/bas

Old 07-08-2008, 11:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Esp/bas

Yeah, I have read the post about this. Just finished installing my 4" lift on my 2 door Rubi. Took it for a test drive and this light came on. I centered my steering wheel to what looks dead on perfect. I am still running the stock wheels and tires for now. Any ideas what to do? I need to get this thing completed.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:49 AM
JK Freak

tried helping in the other thread---

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...3&postcount=13
Old 07-08-2008, 12:12 PM
JK Freak

Took the Jeep for about 1400 test drives and made about 1400 adjustments to the drag link knuckle and now I'm not getting the esp/bas light.

Here's a couple of after pics.

Last edited by Bodo; 05-22-2009 at 10:49 AM.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:29 PM
JK Junkie

It looks great.....glad you got it figuired out.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:57 PM
JK Freak

So doooooooooooooooooo tell-- What was it??????????????/
Old 07-08-2008, 05:08 PM
JK Freak

Mine took about a day to go off after I fixed the front trac bar and centered evrything back up
Old 07-09-2008, 04:48 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by deconstructionist
So doooooooooooooooooo tell-- What was it??????????????/
The steering wheel wasnt exactly centered. I had to drive a good bit to find a straight section of highway and found it slightly, and I mean slightly off to the right. I took it back home, adjusted it, and went back out to the same section of road and I had adjusted too far. Anyway after several attempts, I got it right.
Evidently, this adjustment has to be perfect!
Old 07-09-2008, 05:16 AM
JK Freak

Question? My ESP/BAS light is not on every time, only once in a while.
Is that the same with you guy's?
I can't tell you if it's the same or not. The instruction's that came with my lift had several warnings throughout to recenter the steering wheel or this would happen. There are also numerous threads about this also. I havent driven my enough since the lift to know if it's gonna come back on or not but it's off for now!
Old 07-09-2008, 05:29 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Then installing my Centerlink and Draglink I found that if I turned on the ignition and the wheel was not centered the light would come on. Even if I immediately centered the steering wheel it would remain on for between 1 and 3 days. I took the bars on and off several times because of manufacturing issues.....anyway if you have the wheel centered and all the bolts tight I would just give it a few days and it should go off. If not just stop by the dealership and hope they don't charge you.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:59 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dutchboy101
So you guy's are basically saying that because the steering wheel is off center, my ESP BAS light has come on.
I put my lift on in February and in April right after the first wheeling trip on my way home the ESP BAS light came on. I never straightened my steering wheel after my installed my lift. It never bothered me.

I will fix this this week, and see what happens.

Question? My ESP/BAS light is not on every time, only once in a while.
Is that the same with you guy's?
My light was on for 3 days... 3 days until I was directed to the post I linked to. Once she was centered- no more light at all. From YOUR symptoms sounds like an ever sooooooo slightly canted wheel...maybe from the instal- maybe from the wheelin. I'd try the re-centering trick, if that dont do it I'd try an alignment shop

Quick Reply: Esp/bas