Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Erratum about RC 4" lift kit

Old 04-21-2009, 04:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Erratum about RC 4" lift kit

There is an error in the RC 4" lift kit at http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ation-write-up

At the section "What you will get with your Rough Country 4" Lift Kit" it should be written "(2) Front sway bar links" (and not "Rear")

Same error in the RC instructions. The tech support at RC has confirmed me this error

Last edited by Yoda; 04-21-2009 at 05:07 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:13 AM
JK Freak

I did get 2 rear swaybar links. I had to move the factory rears to the front.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:31 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Bodo
I did get 2 rear swaybar links. I had to move the factory rears to the front.
I did the samething by mistake

Another member had PM me, and he did also the samething...

The 2 RC sway bar links are for the FRONT (not rear) to replace the 2 small Mopar 5" sway bar links.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:58 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, 5in is not enough in alot of cases.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

i have the rc 4" lift and used the rear sway links in the front and new ones in thr back. i took the front ones off when i got rc's quick dicos" for my jeep. the quick disco links and my factory rear links are the same length so i am confused. the ones that came with the lift that i put in the rear are wrong? everything has seemed to be correct. i have had the lift on for almost a year.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:29 PM
JK Freak

in the end it really doesn't matter too much as long as you aren't running the stock front swaybar links anywhere. personally i put the stock rears up front since i have the e-disco and the stock rear links have the ball joint on them. Put it this way, however you're running it, if you're not having issues, leave it alone and you'll be just as fine as you've been all this time.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:01 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by welker-jk
i have the rc 4" lift and used the rear sway links in the front and new ones in thr back. i took the front ones off when i got rc's quick dicos" for my jeep. the quick disco links and my factory rear links are the same length so i am confused. the ones that came with the lift that i put in the rear are wrong? everything has seemed to be correct. i have had the lift on for almost a year.
Therefore, your rear sway links (RC) are now 10" of lenght. It should be 9" with the stock one. At full flex, the bolt of the sway bar link will rub to the rim (with stock rims) If you have this problem, install the RC sway bar links to the front.
( It should be 10" front and 9" rear)

Quick Reply: Erratum about RC 4" lift kit