Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Engo Winch Install-Smittybilt SRC Bumper

Old 08-10-2013, 06:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engo Winch Install-Smittybilt SRC Bumper

I purchased my jeep from the dealer with the SRC bumper already installed. I am looking to buy a winch, and I was looking at smittybilt winches until I came across the Engo e9000. Yes, it's cable. Yes, it's ugly. It will live under a cover most of the time and will only see the light of day when I need to help a buddy out. Because Jeeps don't get stuck

My question is.. can I directly bolt this winch to my bumper? or do I need the bracket from engo? My bumper is rated for a 10,000 lb winch and lookis like it has holes drilled for such. But, not sure exactly how this all goes...
Old 08-10-2013, 06:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GalvestonSahara
I purchased my jeep from the dealer with the SRC bumper already installed. I am looking to buy a winch, and I was looking at smittybilt winches until I came across the Engo e9000. Yes, it's cable. Yes, it's ugly. It will live under a cover most of the time and will only see the light of day when I need to help a buddy out. Because Jeeps don't get stuck

My question is.. can I directly bolt this winch to my bumper? or do I need the bracket from engo? My bumper is rated for a 10,000 lb winch and lookis like it has holes drilled for such. But, not sure exactly how this all goes...
If you are talking about this bumper. Yes.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2189972564.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	487165  
Old 08-10-2013, 07:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whew!

that makes this much easier. Yep, that is my bumper. So Engo will directly bolt to it? SAWEETT
Old 08-10-2013, 11:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GalvestonSahara
that makes this much easier. Yep, that is my bumper. So Engo will directly bolt to it? SAWEETT
You may need to remove the bumper, install winch, reinstall bumper. Unless you have access to someone with really tiny hands and arms.

Quick Reply: Engo Winch Install-Smittybilt SRC Bumper