Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Engo 10 000 winch REVIEWS updates w synthetic line

Old 03-06-2012, 09:18 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 4x4chick
I can't remember what Chris at Jeepaddons told me. Give him a call (800-388-8637 ext 1884) and see what he think will work.
I talked to Chris today and ordered my
Engo 10 000 winch w synthetic line.... they're working on a new cover..... He suggests not using one but rather spray and protect your winch once in a while with a lubricant.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just installed my Engo 10k synthetic with premium finish today. Initial impressions: I really like this winch (I've never owned a winch before so nothing to compare to). To clarify a few things posted elsewhere: The solenoid cover has a recessed grooved lip with a rubber gasket to keep water out, looks like it should work as designed. I had to keep the solenoid to the left side of the winch so that the cables would reach the motor of the winch, still looks good but would have been nice if the wires were an inch or so longer. The engagement handle is solid, sometimes you have to pull the rope for a few inches to change the engagement. Cables to the battery were long enough with the negative battery cable a little more generous than the positive cable. My solenoid sits pretty close to the grill, the wires fit, but are pretty tight against the grill, I plan on extending the box out another inch or two away from the grill, easy mod, and that will take care of the problem. Bought mine through Chris/Jeepaddons.com. Great knowledgeable guy, great price and great customer service, I highly recommend them/him.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:53 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RichN

Any specific brand, or they all the same?
Engo makes a neoprene cover now
Old 03-08-2013, 06:05 PM
JK Super Freak

I've had it out about 5 times now with no issue. Just needed to drill some new holes in the metal winch solenoid brackets to get the wires off the grill
Old 03-08-2013, 07:37 PM
JK Newbie

Default 10k wire

I have a new Engo 10k wire. Good looking winch but as stated above, the lines to the selenoid could be about an 1" or so longer to center the box above the cable... but that's just a looks thing and won't affect performance.
I haven't had a chance to use it yet but it did great on the review most of us have already seen. I did check all the fasteners (read about a guy that found a couple loose ones) and most were good but its worth a few minutes to make sure.
For the money, you can't go wrong... and the 10k has a carbon fiber looking treatment!
Old 03-15-2013, 08:57 AM
JK Newbie

Can you or VooDoo6 post pictures? I have one of these engo 10k winches on the way and going to install on Smittybilt XRC bumper.

Originally Posted by ralphwiens
Just installed my Engo 10k synthetic with premium finish today. Initial impressions: I really like this winch (I've never owned a winch before so nothing to compare to). To clarify a few things posted elsewhere: The solenoid cover has a recessed grooved lip with a rubber gasket to keep water out, looks like it should work as designed. I had to keep the solenoid to the left side of the winch so that the cables would reach the motor of the winch, still looks good but would have been nice if the wires were an inch or so longer. The engagement handle is solid, sometimes you have to pull the rope for a few inches to change the engagement. Cables to the battery were long enough with the negative battery cable a little more generous than the positive cable. My solenoid sits pretty close to the grill, the wires fit, but are pretty tight against the grill, I plan on extending the box out another inch or two away from the grill, easy mod, and that will take care of the problem. Bought mine through Chris/Jeepaddons.com. Great knowledgeable guy, great price and great customer service, I highly recommend them/him.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:38 PM
JK Freak

Here's my engo e10000
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3127715744.jpg
Views:	597
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	448847
Old 07-13-2013, 07:55 AM
JK Newbie

Default next, put it in the rear

Ok so that title might make you think I'm talking about something else... wenches not winches perhaps, but that is not the case.

To go along with my 10k wire rope front Engo, I'm adding a rear wire rope WIRELESS Engo to a custom rear bumper that is currently in powder coating. So far I really like the Engo. The "carbon fiber" sticker on the front has faded with sun. I'll post a pic or 2 once I get it mocked up.

Sorry I didn't reply with a pic all those months ago. I didn't check the thread again. now i'm subscribed so I'll see any notes/requests.

Brad

Quick Reply: Engo 10 000 winch REVIEWS updates w synthetic line