Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Engine wont shut off?????

Old 10-15-2015, 12:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nooooooooo!!!!! Started again today, might try and replace the relay first, seems the easiest
Old 10-16-2015, 11:35 AM
JK Newbie

Well... It's not the relay 😖🔫
Old 10-16-2015, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

dang... that's a bummer... so then perhaps the ignition cylinder... not even sure how to test for that.
Old 10-17-2015, 06:56 AM
JK Newbie

Ok, it's also not the ignition cylinder ($104), I guess next is the ignition switch
Old 10-17-2015, 08:00 AM
JK Newbie

Also not the ignition switch, any suggestions would be helpful pleaaaseeeee!!!!!!!
Old 10-19-2015, 07:11 AM
JK Newbie

Tester the run relay and run accessory relay , no luck, any suggestions ??
Old 10-19-2015, 08:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I assume you have checked for any trouble codes? Seems like a lot of the weird electronic bugs end up being a bad TIPM. Might try cleaning up the primary connections (ground etc) to that.

Maybe it is time to take it in to a dealership service floor (if you have an honest one around) or a good mechanic. I probably would have by now but only because I have some honest folks to take it to. Good mechanics are expensive, but so is stabbing at electronic problems that I do not understand by replacing parts.

Sometimes I miss my ancient vehicles with the carburetors, crank up windows, and that tiny looking, simple v-8 sitting in the huge engine bay.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:10 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Yankee

Sometimes I miss my ancient vehicles with the carburetors, crank up windows, and that tiny looking, simple v-8 sitting in the huge engine bay.
Me, too. Then I realize it's a lot easier to own and operate a vehicle these days. Safer, too.
I don't miss having to replace the cap/rotor/points/condenser, set timing and dwell, adjust valves, and rebuild the carburetor. I was happy to do it in the past, when there was no choice.
One of these days, we'll be saying we miss having to actually drive the vehicle.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ronjenx
Me, too. Then I realize it's a lot easier to own and operate a vehicle these days. Safer, too.
I don't miss having to replace the cap/rotor/points/condenser, set timing and dwell, adjust valves, and rebuild the carburetor. I was happy to do it in the past, when there was no choice.
One of these days, we'll be saying we miss having to actually drive the vehicle.
All good points. But I do miss being able to fix about anything that could go wrong. I lack that expertise on these new vehicles.
There is a good chance I will not be around when they finally outlaw us actually driving our own vehicles. That is okay with me.

Anyway, wish I could help the OP. But I would end up taking it in for that type of issue after googling for an answer.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:51 AM
JK Newbie

Also, no codes came up upon scan

Quick Reply: Engine wont shut off?????