Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

engine possible donors

Old 03-18-2014, 04:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine possible donors

so im playing around with the idea of a hemi swap. does anyone have a source for what possible cars can be used as donors . (have a buddy who owns a tow company and scrap yard) so def not going to buy a crate engine im just playing around with the idea at this point but anyone know what my options would be or have a source with a list of what could be good possible donors cars to hunt for?
Old 03-18-2014, 05:25 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I remember right, truck hemis were easier to use for the swap so look for one out of a Grand Cherokee or a Ram. I think the hemis found in sedans required a different front accessary configuration.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:02 PM
JK Freak

Like all mods it will depend on how you will install it. If you use the AEV kit then I believe they like the GC Hemis and I believe most other company's like to use the Ram Hemis. If you plan on doing the install without a kit then I suppose it would be based on how much work and fabrication you wanted to do. I did this research for three years before I decided to go with the L94 GM 6.2L.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yea again I'm not really even settled yet if I want to run a 5.7 6.2 or 6.4. The 392 hemi seems like a solid one to base off of
Old 03-18-2014, 06:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone with experience how the different ones respond in the JKs?

Quick Reply: engine possible donors