Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Engine misfire

Old 12-17-2013, 09:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys I need some help bad! I have a 2007 wrangler x 2dr . I have had a misfire on cylinder 4 so I bought new plugs and wires and coil pack. Everything went smooth for about a week . Drove it about 400 miles since new coil, spark plugs etc. Now all of a sudden I noticed a slight misfire and check engine light came back on. So here we go again. Read the codes and once again misfire on cylinder 4 . So now I'm pissed! Tool a dreadful trip to the stealer ship to buy a new injector for cylinder 4 . I put it in last night and fired her up. Now the engine rpms pulse uncle and a while and guess what! After new injector on 4 , check engine light came on and once again misfire on cylinder 4 . I also did a compression test on cylinder 4 and its good . Much needed help guys thanks!!!!!!
Just Empty Every Pocket

Last edited by mcmahon82961; 12-17-2013 at 10:04 AM.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have random misfire issue that never got solved on my 08 jk
have changed almost everything in it, plugs, wires, coil, egr valve, evap purge valve, cam shaft sensor, crankshaft sensor, PCM, fusebox, O2 sensors, throttle, injectors, fuel filter fuel pump and cleaned throttle , nothing worked -.- !!
So let me know if u find out the reason

Last edited by shj_jeep; 12-17-2013 at 08:21 PM.
Old 12-18-2013, 03:03 AM
jdk
JK Freak

Sucscribed, haveing the same issue misfire #4. Have done the plugs, the coil, cleaned the throttle body, almost everything you have tried. Still throwing the code.
Old 12-18-2013, 03:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

My 08 jk would randomly throw a DTC a misfire on cylinder #3, sometimes when wet, some dry. I found the solution to be very simple on mine, I just put some dielectric grease on my plugs/wires and haven't had the issue sense.
Old 12-18-2013, 03:57 AM
jdk
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MSLUND1
My 08 jk would randomly throw a DTC a misfire on cylinder #3, sometimes when wet, some dry. I found the solution to be very simple on mine, I just put some dielectric grease on my plugs/wires and haven't had the issue sense.
I have dielectric on my coil but not sure if the plug is coated well enough, if it is that simply I will be very impressed and glad I dont have to throw more money at it.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had this on happen on my 09JKUR (@ about 95K) along with getting stranded and having weak throttle response at times.

The thing that got me back going with out issue was changing the fuel pump, as well as the plugs, wires and pack. I wouldn't go after the fuel pump first, but if you jeep is weak and you have changed the plugs, wires, coilpack and greased all the connections.

It really can only be 3 reasons barring a software problem; fuel, air or spark.

Quick Reply: Engine misfire