Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Emissions Problems

Old 10-14-2015, 12:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Emissions Problems

I have a 2009 Rubicon 6 speed manual that I had an issue with the ground for the EGR valve. The shop just ran an extra ground for the EGR valve, however I know I still have a problem because occasionally I have ABS lights come on and then go off and there is no code thrown when this happens. Now that the shop has ran the ground for the EGR valve I am getting "Not Ready" for the oxygen sensor and Catalytic converter when trying to pass emissions testing. I am not get a CEL any longer but could this be because of the external ground? Is the ground part of the system check? I have driven over 500 miles in all kinds of traffic. Is it possible the short to ground that was showing up on the EGR valve is the cause for the "Not Ready"? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

Quick Reply: Emissions Problems