Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Emergency Freedom Hardtop Cover??

Old 07-29-2011, 09:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Emergency Freedom Hardtop Cover??

I am pretty new around here so be gentle. I have been searching around this week but cant find what I am looking for. So here is my perogitive, I have a 2 door JK with a freedom hardtop. Unlike the unlimiteds, there is barely any room in the back to put the tops. So I just leave them at my house.

My question is, does anyone sell any type of easilty storable cloth/vinyl/canvas that could cover the open area incase of unplanned weather? I really want something I could just temporarly throw over to keep the rain out until I can get home and put the tops back on.

Thank you for you help.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
I am pretty new around here so be gentle. I have been searching around this week but cant find what I am looking for. So here is my perogitive, I have a 2 door JK with a freedom hardtop. Unlike the unlimiteds, there is barely any room in the back to put the tops. So I just leave them at my house.

My question is, does anyone sell any type of easilty storable cloth/vinyl/canvas that could cover the open area incase of unplanned weather? I really want something I could just temporarly throw over to keep the rain out until I can get home and put the tops back on.

Thank you for you help.
I've never seen anything to go on the top with the back part of the top still on. My guess is you would be better off just picking up a few supplies and making your own. I made a mesh top for mine not all that long ago and I love it. It was the first time i did something like that too, and it may not be the best but I'm proud of it.

If you were talking about with the top off bikini tops would work good for that.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thank you for you help.
x2...
Old 07-29-2011, 09:16 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IDK if you would be interested, but they make a freedom panel rack that attaches to the spare tire
Old 07-29-2011, 09:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

I already looked at the Bestop Bikini. The problem is it mounts behind the soundbar that is covered by the rear hard top.

Last edited by WhosUrBuddiee; 07-29-2011 at 09:25 AM.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

forgot I replied to this thread, but this may help the OP

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...freedom-panels
Old 07-29-2011, 09:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Depends how far you'ree going and how fast. I myself took out the back seat so I just lay mine down back there. Have you check out the Pavement Ends Emergency Covers? About $100, easy to quickly put on and take off, and from what I understand most people drive with them up to 50MPH without issues. Not recommend for that, but can be used to drive on side roads and such. I myself have been considering it. There's also bags that hang in the window on the roll bar, and off the back seat around $50-$100.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

I checked out the Pavement Ends Emergency ones already. They will not work with a hard top on.

Also my hard top is painted, so I perfer not to have them on the rear seat sliding around and hitting each other.

Last edited by WhosUrBuddiee; 07-29-2011 at 09:30 AM.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:28 AM
JK Freak

I checked out the Pavement Ends Emergency ones already. They will not work with a hard top on.

Also my hard top is painted, so I perfect not to have them on the rear seat sliding around and hitting each other.
didn't you get a freedom top bag? i got one with my 2011
Old 07-29-2011, 09:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jack Sparrow
forgot I replied to this thread, but this may help the OP

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...freedom-panels
Nothing in that thread to help either.

Quick Reply: Emergency Freedom Hardtop Cover??