Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Emergency Brake Line

Old 10-05-2008, 06:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Emergency Brake Line

Just installed the teraflex 2.5 inch shock extensions and am worried about the emergancy brake lines if I mount them back to the factory bracket at full droop of the axle they are very tight like they want to be pulled out.

How does everyone deal with the stock bracket are they just not installing the factory bracket or is there a lowering kit?

I think I am going to Lowes to pick up some extensions so I don't pull the e-brake lines off
Old 10-05-2008, 07:44 AM
JK Freak

Trailmaster has a nice braket with their 5" kit. I sent them an email to see if they'd sell it, but haven't gotten a return email. It is just a piece of sqare metal to drop the bracket. WOL suggested just letting the lines hang in that they will rest on one of the frame cross members.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

You could always drop them out of the bracket and use two zip ties!
Old 10-05-2008, 04:43 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 4in lift and just unhooked them from the bracket, it gave them plenty of slack. The instructions said to re-route them under the frame and re-install bracket there. There was plenty of slack with my lift just by unhooking them so I didn't re-route, but for taller than 4in lifts I can see that may be needed.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Emergency Brake Line Bracket Follow-Up - kflash

Originally Posted by kflash
Trailmaster has a nice braket with their 5" kit. I sent them an email to see if they'd sell it, but haven't gotten a return email. It is just a piece of sqare metal to drop the bracket. WOL suggested just letting the lines hang in that they will rest on one of the frame cross members.
Hi kflash,

I was wondering if you ever heard anything from Trailmaster regarding the e-brake bracket.

I just installed the OME LT kit, and don't feel comfortable reattaching the OEM bracket to the tub. The OEM bracket does a nice job keeping the cables in place in space, so I'm not really sure that anything more is needed.

Any other thoughts?

Jeff
Old 04-01-2009, 05:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

My Currie lift stated to just remove the two screws holding them up to the body and let them hang.

Quick Reply: Emergency Brake Line