Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Electronic sway bar disconnect on a Sport?

Old 02-24-2014, 04:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electronic sway bar disconnect on a Sport?

I have a 2013 JK Sport and I am looking to install an electronic sway bar disconnect system. I understand it mounts to the crash bar, but what is involved with wiring, button in the cab, and light on the dash?
Old 02-24-2014, 05:37 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Not sure anyone has tackled that. Since the sway bar is interconnected with the Jeep software, I suspect much more difficult than anyone has been able to hack into. There is a thread on hacking the CAN bus. You might inquire in it.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:56 AM
JK Super Freak

I did this on my 2011 sport. The sway bar mounts exactly the same as your sport one. to wire it up you'll need the Under chassis Mopar harness. I got a vin off a rubicon they had on the lot that was the same year and had the dealer order one for me. You also need the switch for the swaybar that mounts on the left side of the dash on the 2011 and up models. Quadratec sells the harness and switch for the 07 thru 10 models. You will need to remove the passenger side body mounts and raise the body to get on top of the fuel tank to run the new harness ( or drop the fuel tank). It's pretty straight forward if you do it one plug at a time. After you install the harness you'll need to get your dealer to activate it and your done. It's not as hard as it sounds took me a couple hours to run harness and drill hole in dash to mount the switch (easier on the 07 thru 10 models)
Old 02-24-2014, 06:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

just put on a evo no limits disconnect. skip the wiring
Old 02-24-2014, 07:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rubicon Electronic Disconnect Sway Bar

Originally Posted by tkind
I have a 2013 JK Sport and I am looking to install an electronic sway bar disconnect system. I understand it mounts to the crash bar, but what is involved with wiring, button in the cab, and light on the dash?
I was going to do the same thing except I was going to change to Rubicon Axles (with 4.88's) and get lockers as well. I spoke to the dealer and it can be done no problem. I purchased the sway bar and axles and was in the process of deciding what lift and tires to get before pulling the trigger. Subsequently I decided to actually get a Rubicon. The Rubicon sway bar does connect exactly as the Sport sway bar with the exception of the harness as previously stated. Part of the reason I was going to wait was the dealer was going to give me a labor break if I did the axles and the swaybar at the same time.

I have sold the axles but still have an almost new swaybar if you do not have one yet.

KG6SLC aka Eugene

Quick Reply: Electronic sway bar disconnect on a Sport?