Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Electrical Distribution Panel?

Old 11-05-2013, 01:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Electrical Distribution Panel?

I can figure things out however I am not that knowledgeable about things of this nature. So doing a little research here before I start hooking electronic devices up.

I have no idea if such an item exist however with lights, CB radios, winch’s and other items being installed in our JK’s is there such a thing where you have one connection to the battery and a panel to connect your electronic accessories?

** Moderator: Please move this post to "JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems"

Last edited by BLACKJacK; 11-05-2013 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Request to move post
Old 11-05-2013, 01:20 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sPod should be a good place to start looking and you can build your own off of that idea.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-2013, 01:43 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by karls
sPod should be a good place to start looking and you can build your own off of that idea.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Yep sPod is the way to go. Love mine.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:01 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by TOTL Innovations

Yep sPod is the way to go. Love mine.
Expensive, but nice. Choose the one with a gauge opening and add an oil pressure gauge. Get dual lit switches and buy nicely printed toggles for $4 each from otrattw.com.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131105_180133.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	509954
Old 11-05-2013, 03:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hummm. it's a little more expensive than I was hoping for however it's nicer than I expected. Thanks..
Old 11-05-2013, 03:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Spod is really nice. I want one bad enough that I am adding electrical accessories to my JK just so I can say I "need" one.

I think I need serious professional help. Like a check-up from the neck-up.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have this fuse panel (The large one) with (2) 7 conductor trailer wires going behind the glovebox. this gives me 7 independently fused power and ground feeds. Most of my lights etc are integrated with factory controls and I hate extra switches.

Before the fuse box I have a circuit breaker for quick disconnect of all accessories so i don't have to pull all the fuses. The entire assembly fits perfectly on top on the fuse box cover.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had an sPod and liked it a lot... due to some changes, I sold it and installed an Auto Rod Controls switch panel.... this is the shit!

Basically a waterproof sPod with some programmability.

It has options for 4/8/12 switches... I have the 12 and it was less than the sPod.

The sPod will look like it came from the factory, John did a good job in getting it looking right... the ARC model I have will look like shit inside of your rig. Your call... looks or function.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DanNEBTD
I have this fuse panel (The large one) with (2) 7 conductor trailer wires going behind the glovebox. this gives me 7 independently fused power and ground feeds. Most of my lights etc are integrated with factory controls and I hate extra switches.

Before the fuse box I have a circuit breaker for quick disconnect of all accessories so i don't have to pull all the fuses. The entire assembly fits perfectly on top on the fuse box cover.

Where did you get these from?
Old 11-05-2013, 07:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ShutterBug
Where did you get these from?
West Marine, Though Ebay or a local boat shop may be a better bet. There a many options in the marine world.

Quick Reply: Electrical Distribution Panel?