Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Either OME Long Travel or Rock Krawler....

Old 01-15-2011, 04:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Either OME Long Travel or Rock Krawler....

I am buying my lift this week. I have narrowed it down to either the OME long Travel kit from Northridge, or the Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel lift kit. What I would like to know from people with these kits is, what kind of height are you really getting from these lifts, and what do you think of it's performance? I have heard nothing but good things about both of these companies, and the kits cost about the same, so there you go. If you have some pictures of your Jeep with one of those lifts, then that would be cool to see, too. Thanks a lot! I hope to be posting pictures of my lifted Jeep soon

Last edited by PoorDad; 01-15-2011 at 05:00 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:54 PM
JK Freak

Rock Krawler is all American made and their arms arms are beefy and all their stuff is high quality. Great customer service as well.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:01 PM
JK Freak

I have the RK 2.5 max travel with their RRD shocks, and its absolutely awesome. 0 complaints. steering is tight. control arms are super soild. springs dont sag too much even with a bumper and winch. cant say enough about the shocks.

kit is all around awesome. just throw in some bump stops. and i would personally do brake lines all around, and never think about your suspension again

this is the RK kit, but WITH a 1" body lift... i had the BL on before, and left it on due to the possibility of me wanting 37's in the future.

but with the winch bumper, and rear bumper/ tire carrier on the way, i think it will be a true "2.5" kit

sorry i dont have anything except these cell pics and in the snow...

tires are 315/75/17 duratracs... 34.4" according to GY, i think... measure out just a hair over 33.5
Old 01-15-2011, 07:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I agree with planman. Both kits are great, but I think the ome lt kit is a little more complete with brakelines and bumpstop extensions. Ive got the one hd coils and a 1" tf puck on top and netted 4.25" front and 4.5" rear (winch and stinger up front, no spare or carrier in the rear).

If you want a little bigger northridge can send you the ome hd+40 springs as well.

325/65/18 duratracs and bw flatties. Plenty of room with current bumpstopping for my 37" toyo mt's.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:41 PM
JK Newbie

I just got my OME LT kit in the mail this week, will be installing soon. @Planman, I have a two door and have everything but the wedges you mentioned, are these needed? And if so could you specify a brand. I'd rather get everything done in one shot than have to take the springs out again lol.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:06 PM
JK Super Freak

I have an Unlimited, so I guess I will have fewer problems, as far as spring retention (RK straight out told me I will not need them) and drive shaft issues. After I get the price from Bustabizz, I will have a better idea of what I will do. I am leaning toward Rock Krawler, but I could change my mind at the last minute.....this is a lot harder than I thought it was going to be! I am trying to keep the lift at around 3" and I dont want to have to replace drive shafts.....
Old 01-15-2011, 08:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the OME LT kit and love it Can not speak for the RK kit havent really heard anything about it. I gained about 3.5 inches but have no heavy bumpers or winch yet. The LT shocks give me more travel with my 35's than I need and provide me with IMHO a better than factory ride.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5056.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	118080Heres a pic....
Old 01-16-2011, 06:05 PM
JK Super Freak

as usual planman, you post all the right answers and then your pics. its like putting down all aces. nobody's gonna beat that.

OME LT with ^noted^ additions has been good to me. I've only hear equal praise for the RK kit. win-win
Old 01-16-2011, 06:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i love the old man emu. so here is another vote for that suspension.

i have hd coils with long travel shocks front and rear adj. jks track bars and my springs do not bow.

Quick Reply: Either OME Long Travel or Rock Krawler....