Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Ehaust Pipe Fitment

Old 10-25-2012, 06:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ehaust Pipe Fitment

I just changed out my stock bumper, and my Magnaflo exaust pipe tip is vibrating against it now. I have a piece of silicon sheet shimmed inbetween now, but I doubt that will stay put.

Can I just cut the welded tip off? Will this change the performance / sound in any way?
Old 10-26-2012, 05:13 PM
JK Newbie

I'd look at the muffler hangars and see if you can't gain some room there. Possibly have a washer welded to keep the hangar in the rubber in a particular position or get some different rubber hangars if available. I'm not sure if it would effect anything cutting off the tip. It might not look so great.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Opalgem
I'd look at the muffler hangars and see if you can't gain some room there. Possibly have a washer welded to keep the hangar in the rubber in a particular position or get some different rubber hangars if available. I'm not sure if it would effect anything cutting off the tip. It might not look so great.
Yep, adjusting the hangers was all that was required. Feel pretty dumb.

Quick Reply: Ehaust Pipe Fitment