Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

EGR valve

Old 02-04-2013, 02:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by highwayman
It may be ECM or wiring related. Cold air intake wouldn't have anything to do with an EGR failure.
So I'm gessing that its going to take a trip to the dealer ???? To tell what the real issue is ?
I hate to say it but I have a poster child jeep it has all the classic issues it has the oil filter that drains back, it has oil consumption , I have replaced the knock censer and EGR still rattles like the old timing chain sound. It belches gas when you fill it up. I had the wobble for a short time. But it still starts and goes where i need to go every day but I really do like that there are places like this where I can ask for advice and for that I that you very much
Old 02-04-2013, 02:47 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by thelorax64

So I'm gessing that its going to take a trip to the dealer ???? To tell what the real issue is ?
I hate to say it but I have a poster child jeep it has all the classic issues it has the oil filter that drains back, it has oil consumption , I have replaced the knock censer and EGR still rattles like the old timing chain sound. It belches gas when you fill it up. I had the wobble for a short time. But it still starts and goes where i need to go every day but I really do like that there are places like this where I can ask for advice and for that I thank you very much
I would rather push my jeep than drive anything else.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:43 PM
JK Newbie

Ok update .... Finally had to do clutch on this jeep so I thoroughly cleaned egr system and replace All the gaskets fixed all the exhaust leaks and had gotten rid of egr codes for a couple of months now..... Yesterday it came back.... Y could I be having all this trouble with egr I have had it to dealer and even they are scratching there heads ... Runs fine except for some fuel ping but I have replaced crank cam & knock censers and I've even gone to a superchips flashpaq .... Any thought will be welcome .
Every once in a wile it acts as if rpms won't slow down when shifting gears too .
Thanks Danny
Old 01-19-2014, 04:46 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 172 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by thelorax64
Ok update .... Finally had to do clutch on this jeep so I thoroughly cleaned egr system and replace All the gaskets fixed all the exhaust leaks and had gotten rid of egr codes for a couple of months now..... Yesterday it came back.... Y could I be having all this trouble with egr I have had it to dealer and even they are scratching there heads ... Runs fine except for some fuel ping but I have replaced crank cam & knock censers and I've even gone to a superchips flashpaq .... Any thought will be welcome .
Every once in a wile it acts as if rpms won't slow down when shifting gears too .
Thanks Danny
What are you getting for code numbers?
Old 01-20-2014, 08:59 AM
JK Newbie

I can't remember .... But it is for a high voltage spike for egr valve .... I will right this down next time it happens
Old 01-20-2014, 09:19 AM
JK Newbie

Other things I have done is to take it to dealer an I had them open computer up as much as there system would allow . For tire size ect. Then I got a flashpaq so I have set all the perimeters to my jeep .... I'm trying out second tune first was 87 tune now going to try 91 today just to see .
Don't know if it matters but but I live at 6700 feet above sea level . And go down quite often to 4500 .
But I still have pinging and egr issues .
If the code pops back today I'll post it Ron .

Quick Reply: EGR valve