Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ECTED or ELocker

Old 04-02-2013, 08:09 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECTED or ELocker

I am ready to install a locking differential on my 2012 JK 2 door. From reading several post the Auburn ECTED was bashed for problems with breakdowns and dealer representation. Most of these post were older, from 2009 and earlier. I like the idea of limited slip when not locked as I live in the mountains and snow is a daily drive concern for a good part of the year. The Eaton E Locker seams indestructible with little complaints. I don't expect to be pulling any hair raising rock climbs but don't mind pissing away money. Just looking for some reasonable driving comfort on the road and off road capabilities I can rely on. Anyone have experience using the ECTED from Auburn?
Old 04-02-2013, 09:22 AM
JK Super Freak

I haven't heard anything about the Auburn, but know a few that are very happy with the Eaton.

Assuming you have a Sport with D30 front? So also assume you're locking the rear, not the front? What's your budget?

I went with an ARB. That requires onboard air (OBA) or a compressor though. If you want onboard air, I would add that and make sure you get one that can be used for a locker. The ARB runs about the same as the Eaton other than the added cost of a compressor.

If you don't want to do OBA now, probably stick with the Eaton. My recent estimates for the Eaton were around $1200 - $1500.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:35 AM
JK Freak

I had an Eaton in the rear of my 09 2dr. Had it installed for around $1200 ran 35's loved it just pushed button wad great in mntns where I live for extra traction and went everywhere on trails ck it out....
Old 04-02-2013, 10:56 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

A good overview, with some information about both of those lockers.

Project-JK.com - Jeep JK Wrangler Resource » Dynatrac Presents - Lockers 101
Old 04-02-2013, 03:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a 2012 JK auto running 35s. I put the Eaton's on and love them. Went ahead and stuck 4.11s in while it was apart.

Quick Reply: ECTED or ELocker