Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Economic (cheap) Wheel and Tire Combo

Old 01-23-2008, 06:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.racelinewheels.com/p-208-rockcrusher.aspx

these are the rims I may be getting at 16 x 8. What size tires should I put on them for that more aggressive stance I'm looking for with out getting a lift. I may have a lift coming soon, but not for now.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:10 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JK Junkie
http://www.racelinewheels.com/p-208-rockcrusher.aspx

these are the rims I may be getting at 16 x 8. What size tires should I put on them for that more aggressive stance I'm looking for with out getting a lift. I may have a lift coming soon, but not for now.
265/75R 16 will fit with no rubbing. 285/75R 16 will rub if you disconnect the sway bars but would be fine on the road.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by armycop
265/75R 16 will fit with no rubbing. 285/75R 16 will rub if you disconnect the sway bars but would be fine on the road.
Thanks. I have trouble visualizing tire sizing info, so everyone on this forum is my new best friend!
Old 01-23-2008, 08:05 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JK Junkie
Hello. I wonder if any of you could give me an idea for a cheap wheel tire combo. I have a bone Stock 07 X JK. I wish to give a better "look" to the stance of the Jeep. You know, wider tires and decent rims. I have no lift yet, so I want something that will still look good if I ad a 2" lift later. I do not rock climb or do anything extreme with my Jeep (until its paid off). I only go off road on dirt trails and a little mud, just to have a little fun in the outdoors. I mainly use my JK for a commuter so I need a decent A/T tire that is primarily for occasional off road and gets good wear on asphalt. Thank you for any advice.
as i may be mocked... i picked up 5 cragar soft 8's for 50 bucks each... and i got 5 - 285/75r16 AT's (no name brand) from pepboys... buy one 3 get one free... plus 1 more for the spare

all told... my whole setup (wheels and tires) ran me under 600.00

the AT's i got have a decent tread pattern, are siped, and i think perform well offroad.

heres some pics... scroll down... mine is the jeep green one

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-trails-tales-71/sunday-fun-jasper-ga-25563/
Old 01-23-2008, 08:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 07JKX
as i may be mocked... i picked up 5 cragar soft 8's for 50 bucks each... and i got 5 - 285/75r16 AT's (no name brand) from pepboys... buy one 3 get one free... plus 1 more for the spare

all told... my whole setup (wheels and tires) ran me under 600.00

the AT's i got have a decent tread pattern, are siped, and i think perform well offroad.

heres some pics... scroll down... mine is the jeep green one

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25563
Wow! That is my other option if my 16 x 8 freebies fall through. Thanks for sharing that info. Where were you guys at in those pics? There is a place JUST LIKE that near me called Markeeta and the Cahaba River.

I will definately check out pep boys asap for tires, those look good.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:51 AM
JK Newbie

I went with the Wrangler Silent Armors (they are ~180-200 / tire). There are better pure off-road tires (esp for mud), but these tires are superb in snow and great offroad. I went with 275/70/R18's and a I get slight rub at full turn. I'm in the process of installing a Teraflex buget lift w/new shocks. Lift kit is $360-$400.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:34 PM
JK Freak

Look in the for sale section, lots of guys are selling full sets of new rubicon wheels and tires for really good prices.

Quick Reply: Economic (cheap) Wheel and Tire Combo