Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

EBC Brakes - Yellow or Extra Duty?

Old 07-08-2015, 05:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

EDIT: Never mind. I found the Black Magic pads that don't require the big brake conversion. I'll just run those with Centric premium rotors unless anyone objects.

Last edited by TechLife; 07-08-2015 at 06:03 PM.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

That is a really good combo. I used it on my 2012 when I moved to 35s and now on my 2014. Way way better than stock pads. I am moving to the Mopar Big Brake kit but may also use the Black Magic pads on that eventually.
Old 07-09-2015, 09:34 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks!

I upgraded from 33" MT/Rs to 35" Trail Grapplers today and definitely need something to stop them. I ordered both today so we'll see next week.

When I give this one to the wife next year and build the new one with 40s, I'm definitely going with the big brake kit. I just don't think this one needs it.
Old 07-11-2015, 07:04 AM
JK Freak

I just went the easy to get when ever I need to replace route and got the ceramic duralast pads from autozone, will lock up my heavy 35's no problem at all.

Quick Reply: EBC Brakes - Yellow or Extra Duty?