Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Ebay cost effective snorkel reviews

Old 03-21-2012, 12:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay cost effective snorkel reviews

Alright, I know that this is typically a hot button topic but I'm looking for feedback from those individuals that possess first hand experiences with the eBay snorkels. I searched for threads but the two that come up tend to be muddled up by the moral questions regarding the similarity to another brand. They've been around for a little while now so I believe if durability was to be a concern, then some fellow members would have experienced defects by now.

Specifically, I'm wondering:

Have you had any issues with the snorkel (installation, function, discoloring)?

If you could do things over, would you buy the same snorkel over again?

Please post up pics as well.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
Old 03-21-2012, 12:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ive been lurking all the old threads and i am ready to bite the bullet and purchase the kit, just worried about the install!!
Old 03-21-2012, 12:29 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by p1llar
Ive been lurking all the old threads and i am ready to bite the bullet and purchase the kit, just worried about the install!!
Install is the easy part. I'll be ordering mine next Friday if I don't buy a set of 15" wheels.

Just have to follow the directions and measure twice or thrice and only cut once.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Delux2769
Install is the easy part. I'll be ordering mine next Friday if I don't buy a set of 15" wheels.

Just have to follow the directions and measure twice or thrice and only cut once.
No, the easy part is clicking 'Buy It Now'

The install part is when I crap my pants cutting into my hood
Old 03-21-2012, 01:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

It really isn't that bad an installation, making sure the template is in the right place - and drilling the first big hole - it was like jumping off a high dive, you know you'll like it afterward but getting to that point is tough.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Bump for any more insight.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Anyone with input?
Old 04-05-2012, 03:56 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had this snorkel for about 6 months now, haven't had any issues concerning quality or fading, it's very sturdy. Install was straight forward, all bolt holes lined up perfectly. I would definitely buy one again.

Hopefully this thread can go on without the standard debate of AEV vs knock off coming up like usual.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have one I installed about 6 weeks ago. I would buy it again. Only issue is I replaced the included pop rivets for the cover on the hood with stainless bolts instead. Just my personal preference, not necessary to do this I guess. After doing the install I am feeling pretty feerless about cutting up my hood again to install louvers! First cut is the hardest, lol!

Old 04-05-2012, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Biginboca
I have one I installed about 6 weeks ago. I would buy it again. Only issue is I replaced the included pop rivets for the cover on the hood with stainless bolts instead. Just my personal preference, not necessary to do this I guess. After doing the install I am feeling pretty feerless about cutting up my hood again to install louvers! First cut is the hardest, lol!
Your Jeep is looking good!

Quick Reply: Ebay cost effective snorkel reviews