Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Easy Driveline Question - New Driveshaft & Pinion Angle, etc..

Old 08-23-2010, 11:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Easy Driveline Question - New Driveshaft & Pinion Angle, etc..

I have read several threads (including WOL's writeup on project jk) but I still have a few questions about pinion angle..

I understand that the axle/diff must be rotated so that the angle of the driveshaft matches the pinion angle of the differential (feel free to correct my terminology).. Is this only if you have the "CV" style aftermarket driveshaft with replacement yokes or does this apply to a stock driveshaft as well? I ask because I have read a few write-ups that made it sound like this is more important with the "CV" style driveshaft as opposed to the "OE" style driveshaft... I am guessing that this must be done for either type of driveshaft but I was hoping someone could shed a bit more light on this for me.. Like I said - there may already be a very detailed thread on this, but I haven't found one that addresses the technical differences (advantages/disadvantages/pinion angle differences, etc) between using the OEM pinion flange versus an aftermarket yoke.. Please bear with my (horrid) terminologies!!

I have the "Rear 1310 C.V. Heavy Duty Drive Line - Jeep Wrangler JK 2-Door w/ Auto Trans" [JER-31JK-2R]

Here is the "OE" kit from JE Reel (I did NOT get this driveshaft - only for reference)

Quick Reply: Easy Driveline Question - New Driveshaft & Pinion Angle, etc..