Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Easy air intake upgrade for only $55!

Old 08-26-2014, 06:29 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should sell this idea to Del Rey Customs! Ask to speak to Mars... errr I mean Saturn.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:32 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by SpicedCrusher
You should sell this idea to Del Rey Customs! Ask to speak to Mars... errr I mean Saturn.
Pure gold
Old 08-26-2014, 06:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll just leave this here...

http://youtu.be/PAIxeQUSg-Q http://youtu.be/gCi2yo4UqPI Something to consider.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:21 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Sputnik
Mine was not for performance.....
Old 08-26-2014, 11:54 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Sputnik
See a few threads up. A guy installed a cold air intake, throttle body spacer (can't believe automakers have not figured out how awesome these things are....), and a new muffler. He's impressed with the new performance AND his gas mileage went up almost 1 mpg (as tested on a short trip to work). So, the myth is now unbusted. Read the thread, there is an incredible amount of unbiased data as well as testing in a constant environment (same route to work).

I also heard that running a stinger on the front bumper adds 5mpg. The lift it generates results in less friction on the tires and also better airflow over the Jeep.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Super cold air intake ftw
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4200229860.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	573054  
Old 08-26-2014, 07:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Been debating on what windshield decal to put on. I think "I DRIVE OVER STUFF" just took the gold hahaha
Old 08-26-2014, 08:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
See a few threads up. A guy installed a cold air intake, throttle body spacer (can't believe automakers have not figured out how awesome these things are....), and a new muffler. He's impressed with the new performance AND his gas mileage went up almost 1 mpg (as tested on a short trip to work). So, the myth is now unbusted. Read the thread, there is an incredible amount of unbiased data as well as testing in a constant environment (same route to work).

I also heard that running a stinger on the front bumper adds 5mpg. The lift it generates results in less friction on the tires and also better airflow over the Jeep.
I almost took the bait.

But seriously people, the CAI's are essentially proven wastes of money. If you like the sound, I guess go for it. The people who engineer the pentastar did not overlook CAIs and throttle body spacers on accident.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Invest2m4

Boy am i glad i went with a stinger lol.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

don't worry, maybe modding just isn't your thing lol

Quick Reply: Easy air intake upgrade for only $55!