Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

EAG Roof Rack Review

Old 02-10-2021, 03:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello. Do they make this version for the 2 door? I could only find the 4 door.
Old 02-10-2021, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by elevated_starfish
Hello. Do they make this version for the 2 door? I could only find the 4 door.
Surely they do. If not, about every other manufacturer will. I don't have the EAG but rather the Barricade (or smittybilt....I don't recall which) and they're all the exact same aside from the box they're shipped in. Each one will have a different manufacturer sticker on it.
Old 06-15-2021, 04:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by portlandiego
Hi - thanks for your review. First time poster here. I’ve read a few reviews about this rack that have kept me from ordering and listed the concerns I’ve read below. Can you confirm/deny each of these?

1. rack rusts easily and/or comes with surface rust. what was your experience?

2. the rain gutter supports for the rack sit in between the rain rail and the rubber weather seal on the door and this causes leaks and/or damage to weather seal. I’ve seen thule rain racks that don’t interfere with the weather seal...

3. the rear window can crack the plastic hinge covers if opened too quickly... true?

4. the hardware rusted easily and rust water drips on side of Jeep causing staining... do you recommend going to hardware store and getting stainless hardware? what has been your experience?

again, this is just a summary of reviews I’ve read on Amazon and not my own persons experience... any comment you can provide will be very useful. Thanks!!!
I've had this rack for nearly three years so, here're my answers to your questions.

1. Very little surface rust on some of the ajoining surfaces when I first got it. Hit those with some black Rustoleum and no issues since.
2. Nope. It's fine.
3. Nope. Haven't had a problem.
4. Nope. I think the hardware is stainless.

Hope this helps!

Quick Reply: EAG Roof Rack Review