Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

E-Swaybar Shaft Came Loose???

Old 01-29-2009, 08:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Swaybar Shaft Came Loose???

Does anybody know how the shaft is supposed to be retained in the e-disco housing in the rubicons? After a weekend of wheeling, my passenger side swaybar worked itself out about 11/2 inches out of the housing. The swaybar would obviously not reconnect, which is what called my attention to it. After searching, I could not find others with similar problems. I disconnected the link and tapped the splined shaft back into the housing. It seems to work fine now, but I'm not sure what is supposed to keepo the shaft in, if anything.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Man I looked everywhere (JK service manual, complete JK parts list) and I don't see ANYTHING that looks like it could retain the 2 sides other than the 2 rubber bushings holding the entire bar to the frame (which aren't gonna do much). The manual only says that the bar is serviced as 1 unit not individual components. Sorry...no suggestions!
Old 01-29-2009, 11:01 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kidrock
Does anybody know how the shaft is supposed to be retained in the e-disco housing in the rubicons? After a weekend of wheeling, my passenger side swaybar worked itself out about 11/2 inches out of the housing. The swaybar would obviously not reconnect, which is what called my attention to it. After searching, I could not find others with similar problems. I disconnected the link and tapped the splined shaft back into the housing. It seems to work fine now, but I'm not sure what is supposed to keepo the shaft in, if anything.
I just looked at one we had in R&D that is opened up. Looks like the gear is pressed onto that end of the swaybar. Your going to need to open yours up. Good luck.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:01 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks Michigan Mike and Tereflex. I appreciate you taking the time. It sounds like with me just pounding it back in, it will likely occur again. I guess I'll crack it open. Also guess It's about time to get a factory service manual while I'm at it.

Quick Reply: E-Swaybar Shaft Came Loose???