Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

E Brake issues!!!

Old 12-21-2012, 05:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E Brake issues!!!

Latched the e brake last night and it worked fine. Last night when it was latched I wrapped just the handle of the E brake with 550 paracord. Now this morning the E brake works however the lever is dead it will not latch into position. I have to hold the lever up to keep E brake engaged. Could this some how be related to wrapping the handle with the 550. Kinda stumped on this?? Any and all help is welcomed and appreciated
Old 12-21-2012, 06:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the club! The ebrakes are notorious for breaking. You can get a whole new unit for like $50 from the factory. Not too hard to install either.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Had my entire e brake assembly replaced at 35K. It was all rusted up. Started having sticking/lock up issues with it around 30K. The Jeep was about 3 years old at the time. Oh 2 new rear calipers as well before that because those stuck.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Did you do the wrap to tight that its squeeing the internal mechanics?
Old 12-21-2012, 10:51 AM
JK Newbie

SGT Mack. That's what I am thinking just didn't think it would clamp down like that. Guess I need to cut it off and see. What a waste of 550 lol

Quick Reply: E Brake issues!!!