Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

E-85 Conversions?

Old 06-11-2008, 06:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Clint
That's a great point I hadn't thought about or heard discussed. Our US Dollar is growing increasingly weak. So why don't I see on CNN that the dollar is down, and then the next morning see the pump price change? Makes more sense, but isn't reality. I could definitely see the oil companies buying crude from their overseas subsidiaries and it costing more on the books...but that gets back to the 6 weeks comment...
That's because the value of the US Dollar is only measured in relation to other currencies, where one dollar is exchanged for another currency. This only effects your purchasing power when buying foreign goods and services whose rate of currency exchange is different from the Dollar. For instance, the Dollar being down compared to the Euro (one US dollar buys .644 Euros currently) means European cars, wines and cheese will cost Americans more, while US goods and services are cheaper for people in Europe.

However, whether the Dollar is up or down makes no difference when you're purchasing something denominated in US Dollars, such as US products, services and Crude Oil, because there is no currency exchange taking place (one US dollar buys one US dollar). The fact that things here cost more is a result of Inflation, NOT the "value of the dollar".
Old 06-12-2008, 12:18 PM
JK Newbie

Has anyone made a E85 conversion? I am thinking of doing it. Need to know the polarity of the fuel injectors though. Does anyone know this?

Thanks,
Daniel
Old 06-15-2008, 10:08 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cam_neely
Has anyone made a E85 conversion? I am thinking of doing it. Need to know the polarity of the fuel injectors though. Does anyone know this?

Thanks,
Daniel
It depends on whether or not you intend to hook them up in series or parallel with the flux capacitor.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks,
Daniel
Rather than getting a straight answer here from people who actually know what they're talking about, it'd be easier to just pull one of your injectors and compare it to the pictures. I think the JK uses Bosch type EV6 injectors with reverse polarity, but I haven't confirmed this yet.

Last edited by Ghostship; 06-15-2008 at 11:38 AM.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks,
Daniel
You need to contact flex tek and ask them. I have heard however they dont do individual testing of each vehicle, so you will have to get a meter and do it yourself. I would be all over this but the nearest e85 pump is 4 hours away.

Quick Reply: E-85 Conversions?