Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Dynomax VT

Old 10-09-2011, 05:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Dynomax VT

I am looking into replacing my muffler for better sound/performance. I saw ran across the Dynomax VT, anyone running one? I am interested to hear any thoughts on this. Or even better a sound clip.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had one on for a couple weeks. Very easy to install. Get the U-Clamp though.

It does exactly as advertised. Very quiet. I actually swapped it out for the rock crawler dynomax exhaust because I couldn't hear it...lol.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:19 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I get a lot of PM's about this muffler/and this system.
A few about how quiet this system is!
It gets rid of drone as well.
There is a over a 4.0L and under 4.0L application, for the JK we suggest using the over 4.0 application.
P/N 17959

I have NOT heard this on a JK yet either, as the JK I drive had to have the muffler relocate because of the rear suspension design.
I have driven across the country though in a Camaro SS with this system and cruising down the highway the interior was quiet but when I hit the gas it would open up and roar.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Thanks Dynomax

I am pretty much sold on this. I just need to find a place to install it..

I know there are a lot of people who are to cheap to buy a cat back kit (Like me), I wish there was a diy replace your muffler yourself kit. I am not into bending pipes and chopping up my exhaust too much, but if there was a kit with directions, I'd rather do it myself.

Quick Reply: Dynomax VT