Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Dynomax vs Gibson dual exhaust review

Old 03-25-2014, 08:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was running a stainless Gibson dual exhaust for a little over a year until I got rear ended last week and need to replace it. The reason I bought the Gibson in the first place was for looks and I heard it was about the loudest after market exhaust you could get without going to a custom one. When I put it on I loved the sound, no noticeable power gain or anything. My only complaint was at highway speeds and certain rpms you would get a drone that got pretty annoying sometimes.

Fast forward to last week. Got rear ended and the exhaust hangers bents, jeep was didn't a single scratch anywhere else thank goodness. I looked into a million different options and saw on Amazon the Dynomax dual exhaust in stainless on sale for $150 free shipping. Started reading reviews and looking at other ones but kept coming back to it and bought it. The one review that made me buy it and after installing it convinced me that the Gibson was "too open" and "free flowing" so if you the back pressure wasn't there. And if you call Gibson they will tell you that you can you a CAI on it or a high flow filter for that reason (not listed anywhere that I could for info on that exhaust).

So I got the Dynomax on and it's not cheap feeling or a piece of junk and it looks great. The sound was a little less than the Gibson but there is hardly any drone like the previous and I could feel the difference, small one but it was sure there.

I then added a K&N air filter to the stock box and between the two it feels better than a brand new jeep and can actually breathe as if my jeep had asthma and this was it's rescue inhaler. The throttle response is better, gets up a quicker and sounds great! I'm my mind it's probably the best thing I did to my jeep as far as performance goes! The Dynomax as doesn't hang nearly as low as the Gibson does and the exhaust tips are about flush with the bumper while the Gibson tips poked out a little bit and hung slightly crooked.

Overall, Dynomax dual exhaust and K&N filter, amazing!!!! And the best part is I spent less than $200 for both!! Just my two cents there

Last edited by deertick; 03-25-2014 at 08:37 AM.

Quick Reply: Dynomax vs Gibson dual exhaust review