Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Dynomax super turbo muffler...

Old 01-18-2014, 07:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the feedback! Look forward to the video post. If I do pull the trigger on this setup I'll have it welded together. I also intend to paint the tips black.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:33 AM
JK Newbie

I am also debating different tips. I should have just gotta the version they sell with no tips, but I only saw that after I had gotten this one delivered. Black tips I am toying with also since nothing is shiny on my Jeep.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 01-18-2014, 09:21 AM
JK Newbie

A rattle can of high temp matte black should do it. I'm gonna spray the muffler, pipes and tips.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Also been considering the Dynomax.but, I think I'll go with the VT. They say there is NO drone with that muffler. I also just want a little exhaust sound. I'm tired of the sound of hummingbirds flapping their little wings when I give it the gas.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:07 AM
JK Newbie

I looked at the VT as well. But really want the dual exhaust. Not that there is any benefit to it other than aesthetics.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:42 AM
JK Newbie

I know people that have had the vt on other vehicles and were less than thrilled. Apparently that internal valve can flap around and be noisy. If you have a resonator then this dual setup I bet is going to be the best option if you want it to not be noisy

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 01-18-2014, 12:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the dynomax vt on my 2dr. I started out with the dual dynomax turbo but returned it bc the drone in my automatic was insane around 1100rpms. The VT is a lot quieter but there is a little bit of rattle on start up and as you increase speed. Sometimes it sounds similar to when you have leak in exhaust.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:39 PM
JK Newbie

No resonator in the 2 door right? I wonder if only the 4 doors get one, or if it was added a specific year

Sent via Tapatalk
Old 01-19-2014, 09:02 AM
JK Newbie

OK here are my videos, check the Youtube titles to see which each one is. 2 pics also. Turns out the nub on the stock exhaust really had no bearing on the right tailpipe being lower. We bent the exhaust hanger on that side and were able to get it much better. I actually think we went too far, since now the left side seems a hair lower lol! Oh well, may go back and fix it at some point. Welded the tips on as well. Never got to compare to mu buddies exhaust as he had already removed the Magnaflow and put the stock setup back on. We both agreed that my setup is only very slightly louder than his 2010 stock setup. The resonator on mine quiets it down quite a bit. Definitely happy with this setup, and for the price is hard to beat.

http://youtu.be/iwIm3ZWkRPw http://youtu.be/a0EiyTwno5U http://youtu.be/lEyoOpKZalg http://youtu.be/9H_8CesExec

Quick Reply: Dynomax super turbo muffler...