Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Dynomax - Not too happy!

Old 02-14-2013, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by n3tfury

^This.

Let's keep religion and politics out of our normal sub-forums before they become pools of smoldering feces.
Thank you.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My guess is that UPS killed the original packaging. I have had 5 mufflers shipped from the factory in the last few months all have been packaged very well and arrived with no issue. Ups has a claims process for things like this.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:10 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RKracing
Good luck...you will need it. Dynomax did not come through for me on my EVO exhaust kit.....How can I recommend them when they failed too many times on my problems......and they call themselves " Christians" sad....real sad.
I am actually still trying to work on this issue, as I believe I mentioned in our PM's I was out of town at the King of the Hammers for over 10 days. I also talked to our sales manager and your issue is the only one we have heard of in regards to a 2013... and we have sold MANY of these systems to people who own a 2013.

Originally Posted by Cobb_Sahara
Maybe the box was falling apart and UPS just slapped the ticket on the muffler and tossed it around. I have a dynomax under my driver side seat, and I love it!
This is the most likely scenario as well. This wouldn't leave our warehouse like this ever. If you have bought a system from us in the past you will know that the main box is stuffed with paper filler AND all the brackets/mufflers are boxed as well.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Just to add...

When I bought my Dynomax Rock Crawler kit, it had a split tailpipe Dynomax took care of the issue very quickly

The kit on my JK is the third cat back kit from Dynomax I've installed on 3 different vehicles.

Keep up the good work Dynomax!
Old 02-24-2013, 11:11 AM
JK Newbie

How did this turn out? Why did you not try Quadratec? There not that far from us in West Chester.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:12 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smb72
How did this turn out? Why did you not try Quadratec? There not that far from us in West Chester.
I usually buy right from Quadratec (and have for the past 15 years or more). However, in this case the muffler alone (didn't want the chrome tips that the Quadratec kit had) was considerably cheaper from 4 Wheel Parts.

The second muffler came dented like the first and unboxed. So, I opted to return them to Dynomax and get my refund from 4 Wheel Parts.

I've had good luck with Dynomax catbacks on my other jeeps, but for some reason this just wasn't in the cards. So, that money is now going to an OBA setup that I did buy from Quadratec.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:55 AM
JK Newbie

I received my Dynomax dual outlet the other day and it has some dents in it. UPS must be hard on there packages plus the box did not have enough packing in it. The tips are fine so I will keep it I guess.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-112334608.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	430822

Quick Reply: Dynomax - Not too happy!