Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Dynomax - Not too happy!

Old 02-12-2013, 03:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dynomax - Not too happy!

A few weeks ago I ordered a new Dynomax muffler (DYN53804) that had to be drop shipped from the Dynomax factory; however, instead of getting the muffler I received an exhaust pipe for a CJ-5. No problem, customer service from where I ordered the muffler took care of it for me and said my new muffler would be on the way from Dynomax, just box up the wrong part and give it back to UPS.

Well, a week later here's how I find my new Dynomax muffler when I get home from work. My wife said there was no box, it was thrown in our landscaping (by UPS), the clamp is missing, plus it's dented to $hit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dynomax1.jpg
Views:	629
Size:	4.6 KB
ID:	421596Click image for larger version

Name:	Dynomax2.jpg
Views:	578
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	421597Click image for larger version

Name:	Dynomax3.jpg
Views:	543
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	421598Click image for larger version

Name:	Dynomax4.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	421599Click image for larger version

Name:	Dynomax5.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	421600

Last edited by Rubicon John; 02-13-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's horrible. Call the company and give tell them they should refund you and pay for shipping back.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:01 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That blows my mind that they wouldn't even attempt to box that up. Just slap a UPS sticker on it and send it down the road?

Old 02-12-2013, 04:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

damn. sounds like it got shit on. this really in the modified section. i get your venting. slap that ups sticker on and get your money back. it's a mall crawling exhaust anyway...
Old 02-12-2013, 04:06 PM
JK Newbie

Have you contacted UPS? If they accepted it without a box, it seems like they would take responsibility of its condition. What did Dynomax say? I'm assuming you spoke to them first prior to posting this.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hawkdriver1108
I'm assuming you spoke to them first prior to posting this.
trying to figure out whos comment was more rhetorical

Old 02-12-2013, 04:15 PM
JK Freak

I called 4 Wheel Parts when I got home and they are taking it up with Dynomax and UPS for me tomorrow morning. I'm not sure why they would ship this without a box.

Since I work in a customer-centric field, I try to be as understanding as possible. Two strikes in one order doesn't help in repeat business or brand equity.

I know Dynomax is a sponsor on here and we'll see how they choose to resolve this. Even if it's a "mall crawling" muffler.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:15 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rubicon John
I called 4 Wheel Parts when I got home and they are taking it up with Dynomax and UPS for me tomorrow morning.
I know Dynomax is a sponsor on here and we'll see how they choose to resolve this. Even if it's a "mall crawling" muffler.
Im sure they appreciate your post. From what you said, it sounds like they are trying to handle it. Great idea...try to piss them off blasting the company. That will show'em! To each his own.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:21 PM
JK Jedi

Sounds like UPS may have some responsibility here... why would it be thrown in the yard and not placed by the door? I am sure 4WheelParts and Dynomax will get it worked out for you.

Who knows maybe the UPS driver owns a Jeep too?!?! He may be enjoying a new muffler!!
Old 02-12-2013, 06:26 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Hawkdriver1108

Im sure they appreciate your post. From what you said, it sounds like they are trying to handle it. Great idea...try to piss them off blasting the company. That will show'em! To each his own.
He must have forgot that he is not allowed to talk about negative experiences on a jeep enthusiast forum. What a jerk...

From what he said, sounds like the vendor tried to fix a problem but they did an awful job with even worse oversight

Quick Reply: Dynomax - Not too happy!