Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

DynoMax HELP!!!! (Evolution Competition install FAIL)

Old 05-14-2013, 10:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update

So i just picked up my jeep from the muffler shop. They had to cut the intermediate pipe off some more and weld it to the muffler. They also had to cut the hanger off the rear downturn pipe and weld their own hanger on the pipe and bolt that to the frame. $75 more down the drain

Ive only had a chance to drive 5 miles home from the shop and had to go back to work. It sounds pretty good so far, but i still feel like i have lost some bottom end power from the stock muffler setup. I will need to drive it a bit more and maybe even get some second opionions before i can decide.

Overall, Dynomax should add a disclaimer that if you have a lifted jeep with an exhaust spacer, DO NOT BUY THIS KIT!!!
Old 05-14-2013, 12:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry you had a bad experience with the install. I know it took some additional modifying for me to get mine installed properly and it did help having a buddy who can weld. I am extremely happy with the performance of mine and the sound.

Quick Reply: DynoMax HELP!!!! (Evolution Competition install FAIL)