Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Dynomax exhaust

Old 04-30-2013, 06:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynomax exhaust

Looking into pulling the trigger on an exhaust system, anyone running/ have run this?
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Performan...&t_pn=DYN38517
Old 05-07-2013, 02:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone have experience with it?
Old 05-07-2013, 03:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dynomax on my 2013 Sahara

I am running it and pretty happy with it. If you are looking for performance gains I can not confirm or deny there is not any. I did not dyno or do anything like that. Dynomax is not as loud as my previous MBRP on my 2010 sahara. The dynomax is quiet at cruising speed no drone but loud when you WOT the rig. I do not regret the purchase. I do not know what you are looking for if you want any other details post away. I did the install myself did not even need to jack the jeep up just standard tools if you can get a hanger removal tools it would help if not plenty of wd40 and patience will do the job. I did my install with no help by the way.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

I want a more throaty sound and a deeper tone, at idle and rev. How is it for that? I figure a good system that does that will possibly increase gas mileage and performance dlightly
Old 05-07-2013, 03:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can tell you at high rev rpm the V6 is not a deep sounding engine so it will be high pitched but not ricey high pitched. Rolling around town people look it is not too deep but it sounds different and makes people look. When sitting at idle you can hear it but not like my MBRP was the MBRP was loud all the time I guess because the muffler was relocated. This one does not relocate and the muffler as you have read has the valve system that quiets the sound I think that contributes to it not getting too deep sounding at any rpm even idle. In regards to MPG I do a lot of highway driving about 95% of the time so I usually cruise at 75-80 and get about 19-20 MPG at best with little head wind. I have used my NAV and calculator as well as the eco indicator and it usually never varies from 19-20 with bad winds 17-19 at best but I slow down a lot with wind. I did do a trip running average 60-65MPH and noticed eco indicator 22-23MPG but my foot got the best of me. This is all on my 2013 new engine on my 2010 number were close but not as constant. Hope this helps I also have a CAI installed. I know a lot of people do not believe in CAI and exhaust but I was not expecting wonders from these mods just some smoother operation from the engine and I believe it has helped. There are no tuners for 2013 but my 2010 I had superchiped and it did make a difference once again not HEMI difference but after I sold it the Cherokee commander that got tuned with it is a beast.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thank you, so it has a good sound and everything is what you are saying?
Old 05-07-2013, 03:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I run dynomax and it's the best sounding out there for the 3.8 IMO. Love it and is high tucked to avoid being crushed. Can't go wrong with it!

Trending Topics

Old 05-07-2013, 03:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Is there a difference really between the kit for the 3.6 and the 3.8?

Quick Reply: Dynomax exhaust