Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Dynatrac Prosteer Balljoints & Reid Racing Knuckle Fitment Issues - Help?

Old 10-14-2015, 02:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thegoat
In the process of lifting my Jeep I Have added a used Dynatrac ProRock Unlimited with Prosteer Balljoints, I am adding the Reid Knuckles to this setup. The Balljoints were just rebuilt and the "old" knuckles fit fine, but the new Reid Knuckles won't seat far enough to get the cotter pin through.
From the left side / right side there is 1/8" difference in the gap from the top of the knuckle to the bottom of the C. I.E. 1/8" gap one side 1/4" gap the other side.
Pulled the shaft from the balljoint and it still won't seat far enough to get the cotter pin through. We are going to see if there is an issue with left versus right.

I spoke to Reid Racing... Great customer service BTW. The said they CNC the part and check with a CMM to verify accuracy, so it being a machining issue is very unlikely.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
I thought you hated Dynatrac ball joints? So why keep trying to run them? Just stick with Synergy's already.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post

LOL, I have no idea which emoticon to use but a is always good. You are spot on and I wanted to highlight my personal experience. Next time my ball joint go out I will purchase Synergy's and save 4 plus hours in labor. The part of super gluing the seal in place is what threw me... I know these will not last.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...-286245/page5/
Old 10-14-2015, 03:25 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dwvninety
I thought you hated Dynatrac ball joints? So why keep trying to run them? Just stick with Synergy's already.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post

LOL, I have no idea which emoticon to use but a is always good. You are spot on and I wanted to highlight my personal experience. Next time my ball joint go out I will purchase Synergy's and save 4 plus hours in labor. The part of super gluing the seal in place is what threw me... I know these will not last.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...-286245/page5/
If you read this post you might understand the reason for the question, so I will explain it again for you to better understand.

I don't hate DynaTrac ball joints, I just don't think they are not worth the premium that is charged.
I had the DynaTrac ball joints they wore out I bought the rebuild kit and had it installed. After rebuilding the ball joints I attempted to install the Reid Knuckles, that is where the fitment issue occurred. There were no issues with the old knuckles. When the fitment issues happened I opened this thread asking for assistance. The lower ball joint was the issue on one side. Seeing that I asked for help I thought I would post a resolution to the issue I asked for help on in the event another Jeeper had a similar issue and could potentially draw from my experience.

As far as why I would try to run them... I just paid $200 for the rebuild kit, sure I would like to get my money out them; That didn't happen and I bought Synergy's, thus my opinion in the other thread.

DynaTrac has VERY good customer service in the times I have contacted them, so no complaints about DynaTrac as a company.

Just curious what was the goal of your question as it appears it has no relevance except negativity?
Old 10-14-2015, 03:37 PM
JK Newbie

If you read this post you might understand the reason for the question, so I will explain it again for you to better understand.

I don't hate DynaTrac ball joints, I just don't think they are not worth the premium that is charged.
I had the DynaTrac ball joints they wore out I bought the rebuild kit and had it installed. After rebuilding the ball joints I attempted to install the Reid Knuckles, that is where the fitment issue occurred. There were no issues with the old knuckles. When the fitment issues happened I opened this thread asking for assistance. The lower ball joint was the issue on one side. Seeing that I asked for help I thought I would post a resolution to the issue I asked for help on in the event another Jeeper had a similar issue and could potentially draw from my experience.

As far as why I would try to run them... I just paid $200 for the rebuild kit, sure I would like to get my money out them; That didn't happen and I bought Synergy's, thus my opinion in the other thread.

DynaTrac has VERY good customer service in the times I have contacted them, so no complaints about DynaTrac as a company.

Just curious what was the goal of your question as it appears it has no relevance except negativity?
No negativity, just curious why you never respond to Dynatrac questions and always end up saying I will run Synergy's product instead.
Old 10-14-2015, 04:51 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dwvninety
No negativity, just curious why you never respond to Dynatrac questions and always end up saying I will run Synergy's product instead.
Per the post I contacted Dynatrac at 714-421-4314 and spoke to Tess and then Steve about the issue. Dynatrac wanted to send one part at a time to figure out the issue, versus replace the all of the ball joints, so I purchased Synergy ball joints. Further I was asked to purchase the replacement parts, then send the worn parts in for RMA / refund, so I would be out the cost of the new ball joints till a refund came. Dynatrac ships via ground which is 3+ days, even if they make a mistake such sending half the rebuild kit, which happened. I am trying to get my rig done before the wheeling season here in Colorado is done, so I really didn't want to play the ship parts back and forth game and eat a month of time and opted to purchase Synergy ball joints instead.

The other thread Dynatrac posted statements and had no questions so I didn't feel inclined to respond. I made one statement about running Synergy's encountered an issue and made the switch.

It sounds like you are fan boy or a Dynatrac employee that had there bubble burst when somebody said they didn't like a Dynatrac product, sorry to offend you. Over at WOL you should fit in fine, they love to go on the offensive if you say anything negative about their preferred vendors.

Peace!
Old 10-14-2015, 05:55 PM
JK Newbie

Per the post I contacted Dynatrac at 714-421-4314 and spoke to Tess and then Steve about the issue. Dynatrac wanted to send one part at a time to figure out the issue, versus replace the all of the ball joints, so I purchased Synergy ball joints. Further I was asked to purchase the replacement parts, then send the worn parts in for RMA / refund, so I would be out the cost of the new ball joints till a refund came. Dynatrac ships via ground which is 3+ days, even if they make a mistake such sending half the rebuild kit, which happened. I am trying to get my rig done before the wheeling season here in Colorado is done, so I really didn't want to play the ship parts back and forth game and eat a month of time and opted to purchase Synergy ball joints instead.

The other thread Dynatrac posted statements and had no questions so I didn't feel inclined to respond. I made one statement about running Synergy's encountered an issue and made the switch.

It sounds like you are fan boy or a Dynatrac employee that had there bubble burst when somebody said they didn't like a Dynatrac product, sorry to offend you. Over at WOL you should fit in fine, they love to go on the offensive if you say anything negative about their preferred vendors.

Peace!
No not a fan boy or Dynatrac employee. I was just wondering. Looks like I hurt your feelings. If I need to send you an apology card in the mail PM me your address. Sorry to get your feelings hurt.

Last edited by dwvninety; 10-14-2015 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quick Reply: Dynatrac Prosteer Balljoints & Reid Racing Knuckle Fitment Issues - Help?