Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Dynatrac Prosteer Balljoints & Reid Racing Knuckle Fitment Issues - Help?

Old 10-02-2015, 03:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynatrac Prosteer Balljoints & Reid Racing Knuckle Fitment Issues - Help?

In the process of lifting my Jeep I Have added a used Dynatrac ProRock Unlimited with Prosteer Balljoints, I am adding the Reid Knuckles to this setup. The Balljoints were just rebuilt and the "old" knuckles fit fine, but the new Reid Knuckles won't seat far enough to get the cotter pin through.
From the left side / right side there is 1/8" difference in the gap from the top of the knuckle to the bottom of the C. I.E. 1/8" gap one side 1/4" gap the other side.
Pulled the shaft from the balljoint and it still won't seat far enough to get the cotter pin through. We are going to see if there is an issue with left versus right.

I spoke to Reid Racing... Great customer service BTW. The said they CNC the part and check with a CMM to verify accuracy, so it being a machining issue is very unlikely.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Old 10-05-2015, 08:30 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll share you situation with our tech guys, see if they have any info on this kind of fitment issue.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:39 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

We've not encountered this particular problem before, our tech guys are looking into it, as soon as we can give you some solid help with your issue I'll post it here.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd recommend getting an accurate depth measurement on the knuckles. In theory, there shouldn't be any deviation, but I've seen it before on parts where there is a random one-off issue.

Had a brand new Yukon air locker and couldn't get a shaft in. Yukon said it is not possible that the locker splines were the issue. Well, turned out one side was screwed up. According to Yukon, that was a first for them. They replaced it.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:17 AM
JK Freak

One of the shafts on the balljoint is different from the other, thus causing the fitment issues.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:19 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thegoat
One of the shafts on the balljoint is different from the other, thus causing the fitment issues.
Sounds like you have your problem figured out.
Old 10-14-2015, 08:54 AM
JK Freak

Swapped ball joints and everything went together with zero issues.
Old 10-14-2015, 10:52 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you say you swapped ball joints, do you mean you put in a different set or did you switch the left with the right or the top with the bottom and vice versa? Just curious...
Old 10-14-2015, 01:26 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by scooby snacks
When you say you swapped ball joints, do you mean you put in a different set or did you switch the left with the right or the top with the bottom and vice versa? Just curious...
I replaced the DynaTrac ball joints with Synergy ball joints.
Old 10-14-2015, 01:39 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought so... just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything... thanks!

Quick Reply: Dynatrac Prosteer Balljoints & Reid Racing Knuckle Fitment Issues - Help?