Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Dynatrac prorock 44 question(s)!!

Old 05-16-2011, 11:20 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
I would assume that you could run the stock rubi shafts with an open carrier, though? Pretty much defeats the purpose of buying that housing, though, since you would trash them as soon as you get the locker and new shafts.

The JK d30 and rubi d44 use the same 32spline outer shaft. The inners on the 30 are 27spline, the inners on the rubi44 are 30spline. (hence the option of an alloy inner and stock outer)
This isn't quite right. An open carrier won't fit a Rubi housing as it has the same dimensions as the usual locker options.

The 30 and 44 outers both have the same spine but the u-joint size is different.

As nuthinuf suggested, your best bet is to get a conventional, non Rubi, version PR44. This will allow you more options. The stock 30 and Rubi knuckles are identical and can be used with any 44 or 30 axle combination.

Sorry to be so late in joining the thread (I've been out of town).
Old 05-16-2011, 12:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think i get it now. what spline count does the regular prorock44 come with?

is 30splines on the inner axle the "normal" dana44 spline count?
Old 05-16-2011, 12:56 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chknkatsu
i think i get it now. what spline count does the regular prorock44 come with?

is 30splines on the inner axle the "normal" dana44 spline count?
The ProRock 44 (conventional version) is designed for Dana 44 differentials. The differential you choose will determine the spline count. 30 spline is, by far, the most common but 10, 19, 33 and 35 spline versions are also available.

Quick Reply: Dynatrac prorock 44 question(s)!!