Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Dynatrac ProRock 44

Old 08-06-2020, 03:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sv_dude
Got stance? Haha.

Did you hit something? I would think your housing would be stronger than the rest of the d30 stuff inside.
Originally Posted by karls10jk
What's odd yet consistent is that they all seem to break at that point. I've seen them break there with a truss on as well. I've contemplated adding a small semi- sleeve across that area to (hopefully) prevent the break or at least give me another 5 minutes to make it closer to the road. We're all curious on the circumstances though.
I dont really know. I had the unbreakable RCV shafts too.. lol. Only thing I can think of is that I go offroading moderately. At the time I had 34.4 tires. Maybe from stress and cold, the thing snapped while I was driving. It happened when I went over a bump on the road. Shit day for me.
Old 08-06-2020, 03:44 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,701 Posts

Originally Posted by Orazi
It happened when I went over a bump on the road.
And that is the part that makes it classic! You can't make that part up......everyone expecting this big story of coming off a massive obstacle or something.

Reminds me of this dumb hitch carrier buddy and I welded up years ago that was elevated up over my spare at the time. Had it loaded down with a heavy cooler of food/drinks and went over a small hump on a bumpy back road and that thing just slumped down to the ground like a wet turd. It was hilarious. We all got a good laugh as we picked up the contents of our dinners for the next three nights off the dirt road.

The following users liked this post:
Sv_dude (08-06-2020)
Old 08-06-2020, 04:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
And that is the part that makes it classic! You can't make that part up......everyone expecting this big story of coming off a massive obstacle or something.

Reminds me of this dumb hitch carrier buddy and I welded up years ago that was elevated up over my spare at the time. Had it loaded down with a heavy cooler of food/drinks and went over a small hump on a bumpy back road and that thing just slumped down to the ground like a wet turd. It was hilarious. We all got a good laugh as we picked up the contents of our dinners for the next three nights off the dirt road.
haha. I wanted to laugh. I wanted to upgrade to a prorock but but not like that day. Now. I laugh at it. Lol

Quick Reply: Dynatrac ProRock 44