Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Dynatrac on order

Old 02-02-2016, 03:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynatrac on order

As leaning towards the Core 44 but with true trac was back ordered until summer. Decided to go with Dynatrac instead only $400 more. Will have chromoly shafts, synergy ball joints, 4.56 and true trac.
Old 02-02-2016, 03:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sacjku
As leaning towards the Core 44 but with true trac was back ordered until summer. Decided to go with Dynatrac instead only $400 more. Will have chromoly shafts, synergy ball joints, 4.56 and true trac.
did you get the HD version
Old 02-02-2016, 03:40 PM
JK Newbie

Prorock44 unlimited
Old 02-02-2016, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Prorock44 unlimited
Unlimited means its set up for higher lifts.

You want to make sure its a HD version.

This means thicker tubes.

edit:

from the FAQ

Dynatrac ProRock 44 Standard Axle Tube 3.0" OD x 0.3125" = 1.49
Dynatrac ProRock 44 Extreme Duty Axle Tube 3.0" OD x 0.5" = 2.22

You want to make sure you get the .5" thick tubes.

Last edited by Roryslife; 02-02-2016 at 06:38 PM.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:15 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks. I'll call Northridge in the morning
Old 02-02-2016, 07:48 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Their standard tubes are still a decent upgrade from the stock housings, but if you are going for strength, may as well bump up to the thicker ones. It's only another 14lbs...

I got mine 6 years ago, before all these other mfg's got in the mix. It's been a great axle.

Last edited by nthinuf; 02-02-2016 at 08:01 PM.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks. I'll call Northridge in the morning
No problem. I've read several stories about people ordering axles and and not realizing there was an extra thick version.

I have a PR44 unlimited HD and run 38s and wheel hard. Good choice.
Old 02-03-2016, 03:36 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am soon to be making a similar purchase, a 44 of some form in a JK. My question would be:

What other money needs spent to go along with the installation? I have a 2" Mopar (Teraflex?) Stage 2 suspension with adjustable track bar. Should all of my front end parts swap over just fine, or will I be looking at replacing basically new parts (Under 10K miles on my JK) to fit with an aftermarket complete front axle?

I am torn between the G2 Core 44, Teraflex Tera44, Curri RockJock 44 and Dynatrack Pro-Rock 44.

I also like the G2 Core 44 the most (based on looks)
The Teraflex is really Purdy as well, second choice!
The Dynatrack would be third choice and Curri last.

I don't think any of the JK 44 options are bad choices, all read like they are great structural upgrades over my D30, so being that they all pretty much are golden over my bent junk, I'm at the point that I am basing on price primarily and then visual appeal.
Old 02-03-2016, 05:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by larry0071
I am soon to be making a similar purchase, a 44 of some form in a JK. My question would be:

What other money needs spent to go along with the installation? I have a 2" Mopar (Teraflex?) Stage 2 suspension with adjustable track bar. Should all of my front end parts swap over just fine, or will I be looking at replacing basically new parts (Under 10K miles on my JK) to fit with an aftermarket complete front axle?

I am torn between the G2 Core 44, Teraflex Tera44, Curri RockJock 44 and Dynatrack Pro-Rock 44.

I also like the G2 Core 44 the most (based on looks)
The Teraflex is really Purdy as well, second choice!
The Dynatrack would be third choice and Curri last.

I don't think any of the JK 44 options are bad choices, all read like they are great structural upgrades over my D30, so being that they all pretty much are golden over my bent junk, I'm at the point that I am basing on price primarily and then visual appeal.
The only other thing I had to do was cut the square flange mount off the driveshaft to mate up with the yoke on the Dynatrac differential. I'm not sure if the other brands do it the same way but it's an easy job. I had the front shaft balanced afterward. Many folks just replace the shaft but I'll use it for a while.

Quick Reply: Dynatrac on order