Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Dynatrac Disappointment

Old 11-22-2013, 03:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynatrac
Pontiac31,

We are very sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced. After researching our records and the emails we exchanged, it appears that you are correct and your original order was significantly delayed. This was due to additional parts (new alloy stems) included in your order, which were out of stock. Based on your comments, it appears you also did not receive an email from us advising you of the backorder status. I apologize for that. New stems are not part of the normal rebuild kit, so it is also understandable why you felt the cost of your parts order was too high. Perhaps our tech recommended them as a precaution due to the nature of the shaft failure that occurred.

The person you dealt with is no longer with our company so I cannot address all the issues with regard to the transaction confusion. We did correctly issue credit to your card within 3 days when you cancelled your original order. However, I can see that you did cancel the order, and we incorrectly shipped the back order to you when it was filled. Your credit card was automatically re-billed when that shipment went out. I cannot speak for the time required by the credit card companies to process the transactions, but we did credit your card within 3 days of receiving the parts back from Fedex. Clearly there was confusion on our side, and we apologize.

It seems that your critical problem right now is the failed state inspection. Because of your inconvenience, we will offer you a complete set of new Dynatrac Ball Joints with free shipping. Or, if you prefer to purchase the Synergy joints, we understand completely, and will give you a full refund upon return receipt of the used Dynatrac Ball Joints. We will also pay for, and arrange the return shipping if you choose the return option. We work hard for a living too and understand how valuable every dollar can be. We want you to be happy regardless of the choice you make.

In hindsight it would have been better to ship you the rebuild kits immediately without the stems when you had the original shaft failure. Perhaps that would have prevented the current issue you now have, and the confusion we created.

While we deeply regret the difficulty you have had, we remain confident in the quality and durability of our Dynatrac Ball Joint. If you are willing to return the used product to us we will be eager to understand why yours did not perform satisfactorily. With respect to our pricing, all our products are 100% Made in USA. So it is difficult for us to match the low price of imports from India and China, but we will continue to do the best we can and remain a US manufacturer. We think it is important and worthwhile to do so.

Please contact Jennifer at 714-596-4461 X-206, and she will make sure that we handle your decision promptly.
Wow, good response!
Old 11-22-2013, 03:11 PM
JK Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Just curious as to what state you live in (I'm on my phone so I can't see) so I can make sure I never move there... I thought emmission testing was bad enough but that sounds ridiculous.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh, by the way, this all happened to me too........Can I have a set of free ball joints too Dynatrac?
Old 11-22-2013, 03:18 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Ruby Tuesday
Wow, good response!
Seems to be a stand up company.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pontiac31,

We are very sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced. After researching our records and the emails we exchanged, it appears that you are correct and your original order was significantly delayed. This was due to additional parts (new alloy stems) included in your order, which were out of stock. Based on your comments, it appears you also did not receive an email from us advising you of the backorder status. I apologize for that. New stems are not part of the normal rebuild kit, so it is also understandable why you felt the cost of your parts order was too high. Perhaps our tech recommended them as a precaution due to the nature of the shaft failure that occurred.

The person you dealt with is no longer with our company so I cannot address all the issues with regard to the transaction confusion. We did correctly issue credit to your card within 3 days when you cancelled your original order. However, I can see that you did cancel the order, and we incorrectly shipped the back order to you when it was filled. Your credit card was automatically re-billed when that shipment went out. I cannot speak for the time required by the credit card companies to process the transactions, but we did credit your card within 3 days of receiving the parts back from Fedex. Clearly there was confusion on our side, and we apologize.

It seems that your critical problem right now is the failed state inspection. Because of your inconvenience, we will offer you a complete set of new Dynatrac Ball Joints with free shipping. Or, if you prefer to purchase the Synergy joints, we understand completely, and will give you a full refund upon return receipt of the used Dynatrac Ball Joints. We will also pay for, and arrange the return shipping if you choose the return option. We work hard for a living too and understand how valuable every dollar can be. We want you to be happy regardless of the choice you make.

In hindsight it would have been better to ship you the rebuild kits immediately without the stems when you had the original shaft failure. Perhaps that would have prevented the current issue you now have, and the confusion we created.

While we deeply regret the difficulty you have had, we remain confident in the quality and durability of our Dynatrac Ball Joint. If you are willing to return the used product to us we will be eager to understand why yours did not perform satisfactorily. With respect to our pricing, all our products are 100% Made in USA. So it is difficult for us to match the low price of imports from India and China, but we will continue to do the best we can and remain a US manufacturer. We think it is important and worthwhile to do so.

Please contact Jennifer at 714-596-4461 X-206, and she will make sure that we handle your decision promptly.
Good stuff.... But now I'm worried about my ball joints that went in with my PR44, RCV's, reid knuckles etc this year... The whole thing was extra expensive because I live in Canada.... I hope they last more then 2 years
Old 11-22-2013, 04:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Gman*2007

Seems to be a stand up company.
^X2, way to go Dynatrac!!!
Old 11-23-2013, 06:21 AM
JK Freak

Pontiac31,

I appreciate the response. I unfortunately work two jobs one of which is third shift so I will give her a call on Monday morning. The refund from the card on both instances was nearly two weeks, so it may be a card issue. The original rebuild was to include studs for an unknown reason. As far as pricing I have always been a believer in paying more if the product is 100% American Made and better quality, that is why I originally went with the PR44 and ProSteer ball joints. I run a local off road club and watch foreign parts fail over and over. I cannot emphasize enough how happy I am with the PR44 housing and can't wait to upgrade the rear of my JKUR to a PR60.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:00 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by stagedtrip
Just curious as to what state you live in (I'm on my phone so I can't see) so I can make sure I never move there... I thought emmission testing was bad enough but that sounds ridiculous.

PA. Not a great place to live with modded jeeps due to their "Inspections." However, there are some great places to wheel here. Beautiful places too.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

impressive response Dynatrac excellent customer service for willing to make it all good.....
Old 12-06-2013, 06:16 AM
JK Freak

Just wanted to update this issue. I took my JK to another garage for inspection. The tech said the ball joints will pass inspection, but they are borderline and feels they may be a safety issue by the next years inspection. PA does have pretty strict vehicle safety inspections I guess.

I am also very satisfied with the manner that Dynatrac is handling this issue. They are more then willing to work with me, It seems the original employee no longer works for them, so that has played a factor in my problem. I cannot emphasize enough how pleased I am with the PR44 housing and originally went this route because of Dynatrac's made in USA products. I am currently waiting on a reply from them about the issue and will keep everyone posted on my results.

Quick Reply: Dynatrac Disappointment