Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

? on duster and safari top

Old 03-31-2011, 06:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? on duster and safari top

Do u need to buy header and tail gate channels if u already have soft top. I'm looking at safari top and a duster but it says u need thos other pieces too.? 2011 4dr rubi.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:24 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by TNA52210
Do u need to buy header and tail gate channels if u already have soft top. I'm looking at safari top and a duster but it says u need thos other pieces too.? 2011 4dr rubi.
You need to decide what brand of top you want to buy before you can get a correct answer to this question because there are differences between Mopar and Bestop and whomever. Also, there are issues with the various safari tops fitting the newer JKs--changes in the header design and the way the tops attach to the door frames. While I know quite a bit about the older design, I'm at a loss for the 2011s except to advise that you first research the changes in design to avoid compatibility problems.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:06 AM
JK Newbie

thanks.. yea I was looking at best top. For top ,duster and jammer. I think we might just go with mopar top . There was a guy out here that did a wrap hammer from a 2 Dr on his4 Dr . Did that change to? Do u no?
Old 03-31-2011, 08:51 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
You need to decide what brand of top you want to buy before you can get a correct answer to this question because there are differences between Mopar and Bestop and whomever. Also, there are issues with the various safari tops fitting the newer JKs--changes in the header design and the way the tops attach to the door frames. While I know quite a bit about the older design, I'm at a loss for the 2011s except to advise that you first research the changes in design to avoid compatibility problems.
thanks mark... new to all this..its for my wifes ride...ok look in to it more.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:10 PM
JK Freak

On the best top package quadtrac the safari, windjammer , and deck cover it says it comes with the windshield channel. My question is mine came hard top only so can I buy just the tailgate piece that it requires? Mine is a 07 4door.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:12 PM
JK Freak

Sorry it's quadratec. It's the best top summer combo.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:13 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by jjntj2003
On the best top package quadtrac the safari, windjammer , and deck cover it says it comes with the windshield channel. My question is mine came hard top only so can I buy just the tailgate piece that it requires? Mine is a 07 4door.
You can buy the tailgate bar and the two plastic retainers fm Qtec. Their website should recommend those parts when you look at the Duster page.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:26 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
You can buy the tailgate bar and the two plastic retainers fm Qtec. Their website should recommend those parts when you look at the Duster page.
thanks just ordered it all from them should be here in a few. hope it looks as good as i hope. still cheaper than a soft top!
Old 03-31-2011, 07:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Bestop duster (no safari top) and it works perfectly with my 2011 Mopar soft top bar.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:48 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by remark
I have a Bestop duster (no safari top) and it works perfectly with my 2011 Mopar soft top bar.
Yes, I believe that the changes were on the door frames and at the header bar. I think that the rear end pieces are unchanged (actually, it would seem now that I know since you've just confirmed that!).

Quick Reply: ? on duster and safari top