Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Duratrac's. ...NOT IMPRESSED

Old 01-15-2016, 12:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jchappies
This is what happens when mall crawlers think they know everything with 2 hours behind the wheel going over curbs.
See...there you go again. Assuming and looking foolish. You are starting to look really bad claiming to know what people you don't know do with their vehicles?

This is actually getting comical now...please, continue......

P.s. I still dislike the DT'S snow traction

Sent from my SM-N920T using JK-Forum

Last edited by JayswranglerX; 01-15-2016 at 12:03 PM.
Old 01-15-2016, 12:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

**** the snow
Old 01-15-2016, 12:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thats funny because everything and i quoted were your WORDS so who's the foolish one?
Old 01-15-2016, 12:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jchappies
Thats funny because everything and i quoted were your WORDS so who's the foolish one?
Oh no...you've lost it completely. Please, have someone go back and help you read everything and point out your misquotes. Ask them what context means and how it was used throughout this thread.

You'll be better for it I promise.

Old 01-15-2016, 12:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jnorman831
**** the snow
Amen..........

Old 01-15-2016, 01:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JayswranglerX
Amen.......... Sent from my SM-N920T using JK-Forum
Here in central California we don't have to worry about snow and hell for the last couple of years we haven't had to worry about rain or mud for that matter either.
Old 01-15-2016, 01:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jnorman831
Here in central California we don't have to worry about snow and hell for the last couple of years we haven't had to worry about rain or mud for that matter either.
I lived in Vegas for 4 years and was able to enjoy that too....except for summers which were crazy hot.

Old 01-15-2016, 02:09 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm at a loss on this one. The only reason I can fathom that my long term comparison differs from your test is that my last JK was very heavy and possibly made a difference in traction more noticeable between my MTs and my DuraTracs.

Also, I have to wonder if the fact that all 3 of the JKs tested were improperly geared is requiring more pressure on the accelerator to get moving and thus contributing to all the tires breaking loose equally.
Old 01-15-2016, 02:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Saharaunlmtd
I'm at a loss on this one. The only reason I can fathom that my long term comparison differs from your test is that my last JK was very heavy and possibly made a difference in traction more noticeable between my MTs and my DuraTracs.

Also, I have to wonder if the fact that all 3 of the JKs tested were improperly geared is requiring more pressure on the accelerator to get moving and thus contributing to all the tires breaking loose equally.
Both 08's have 3:73's. ..not sure on the 07.

I would bet weight is a huge factor. I know my diesel pickup reacted differently with the mtrk's than this Jeep did no doubt. You have a great point... If a heavy jk with steel bumpers, 37" spare , armor and some junk in the trunk can squat the suspension it's surely putting down weight on the rear like sandbagging a pick-up.

Old 01-15-2016, 03:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Lets keep this on track guys. No sense in getting into pointless banter, doesn't take the discussion anywhere besides the circus or deletion.

I should note my JK is pretty heavy as well, front/rear full bumpers, armour, 4x 4g fuel, 37's, carrier, etc... find it sticks on the road when slippery quite a bit better but its the devil traversing muskeg. Basically like extra sand bags

Quick Reply: Duratrac's. ...NOT IMPRESSED