Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Duratrac's. ...NOT IMPRESSED

Old 01-15-2016, 07:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's clear that you don't like DT's, so just let it go. You discount/insult everyone with an opinion that differs from yours. You win...we all agree that you don't like DT's.....
Old 01-15-2016, 07:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Falcon8JK
It's clear that you don't like DT's, so just let it go. You discount/insult everyone with an opinion that differs from yours. You win...we all agree that you don't like DT's.....
Only thing clear is they suck in snow...like mine. Did I say overall they are a terrible tire?
Get your facts straight before opening your mouth and looking like a fool.

Insults? Where? Wrong again.

Discount? Isn't that what everyone is doing to my test? Wrong yet again

Think a bit longer next time before posting

Sent from my SM-N920T using JK-Forum
Old 01-15-2016, 07:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JayswranglerX

Only thing clear is they suck in snow...like mine. Did I say overall they are a terrible tire?
Get your facts straight before opening your mouth and looking like a fool.

Insults? Where? Wrong again.

Discount? Isn't that what everyone is doing to my test? Wrong yet again

Think a bit longer next time before posting newbie troll

Old 01-15-2016, 07:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Clearly people don't like what I'm saying either. But the very simple fact remains - we tested all 3 and they were virtually identical.
Driving 1 million miles has no bearing on that.
When you test something and it produces a result, that doesn't change. If you install an led bar and it sucks and the next one you install is great, nothing about the situation/install in the crappy one would change that. Do you need to run that shit bar for a year to realize it still sucks? No

I didn't say either of these 3 tires was crappy in all weather situations....only snow. Rain,rocks or mud..who knows, didn't test them there.

I'm relaying the fact that I come here to hear real actual facts and hoped people would come together to help each other with honest reviews...not the epidemic of justificationists.

Did it with my tires...my new Coursers suck in the snow. Honest review. No ego or insecurity.

This thread was meant to help the next guy thinking of getting a tire because people say it's amazing in the snow...it's not. Neither are mine...or the Toyos.

Your test is invalid...it was NOT "virtually identical" you tested 37's against a 35, MT's against an AT, a 12.5in tire against 13.5in tires this test was not even close to identical.
If every tire you driven in snow has issues it's probably not the tire as much as it is the driver, just because you drive in the snow doesn't mean you know how to drive in the snow, this "test" proves that.
The only thing this thread has proven is you have an issue with Duratrac's and have given an opinion on something you have NO FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE WITH!
Old 01-15-2016, 07:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jchappies

Your test is invalid...it was NOT "virtually identical" you tested 37's against a 35, MT's against an AT, a 12.5in tire against 13.5in tires this test was not even close to identical.
If every tire you driven in snow has issues it's probably not the tire as much as it is the driver, just because you drive in the snow doesn't mean you know how to drive in the snow, this "test" proves that.
The only thing this thread has proven is you have an issue with Duratrac's and have given an opinion on something you have NO FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE WITH!

Damn ...wrong again man. You are not doing to well here.

35 to 37 will make no difference in traction...please tell me you know that.

Width is negligible....so doesn't matter.

First hand experience....I drove the jeep for 2 hours with the DT's....that's first hand. Wrong yet again

Driving in the snow....grew up driving shitty 2 wheel rear drive vehicles so experience. ..way more than most...

You are striking out here...best to stop while you're ahead

Old 01-15-2016, 07:45 AM
JK Freak

Hahaha your delusional
Old 01-15-2016, 07:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had Supper Swamper Irok's, TSL SSR's, Nitto Terra Grapplers, Procomp X-Terrains, Goodyear Duratrac's and a couple other MTs that I can't think of right now. I'll take the Duratrac's for street driving in snowy and icy conditions every time.

You need drive on a tire for at least a couple weeks (preferably a full season), before you form an opinion. I wouldn't put much stock on one test.
Old 01-15-2016, 07:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jchappies
Hahaha your delusional
lay down...you've lost

Old 01-15-2016, 07:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by brkshr
I've had Supper Swamper Irok's, TSL SSR's, Nitto Terra Grapplers, Procomp X-Terrains, Goodyear Duratrac's and a couple other MTs that I can't think of right now. I'll take the Duratrac's for street driving in snowy and icy conditions every time.

You need drive on a tire for at least a couple weeks (preferably a full season), before you form an opinion. I wouldn't put much stock on one test.
Wouldn't change what happened during my couple hours with them. I've been on my tires for months and they suck in the snow as bad now as when I first drove them

Old 01-15-2016, 08:00 AM
JK Freak

lay down...you've lost

The only one that has lost is YOU
You've lost all credibility in this forum with your delusion

Quick Reply: Duratrac's. ...NOT IMPRESSED