Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Duratrac's. ...NOT IMPRESSED

Old 01-14-2016, 12:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zick

Nope, not wondering. Got 20 years of WI driving under my belt.

But you seemed to miss my point in my original post.

I made no statement about comparing different types of tires in snow driving. I was saying that you can't compare someone else's comment about Duratrac tires in snow to your test because you have no idea of what type of snow they were driving through and the type of snow can make all the difference in the world.
Seemed to miss my point. ....put the two tires on the same jeep in whichever type of snow you are experiencing and they will both slide and lose traction practically identicaly....again, in which ever snow type it is. We did it....packed, deep and slushy. Didn't matter.

Sent from my SM-N920T using JK-Forum
Old 01-14-2016, 12:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JayswranglerX
Seemed to miss my point. ....put the two tires on the same jeep in whichever type of snow you are experiencing and they will both slide and lose traction practically identicaly....again, in which ever snow type it is. We did it....packed, deep and slushy. Didn't matter.

Ok, I'll say this again more slowly...

Your original post stated
Ok. I see a ton of people saying the Duratrac's are amazing in the snow, ice etc.
These people were not comparing two different types of tires. They were commenting on their opinion of the Duratrac in snow.

I am not arguing that different tires act differently in snow. What I am saying is that ONE type of tires will act differently in different types of snow.

Make sense?
Old 01-14-2016, 12:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Ok, I'll say this again more slowly...

Your original post stated

These people were not comparing two different types of tires. They were commenting on their opinion of the Duratrac in snow.

I am not arguing that different tires act differently in snow. What I am saying is that ONE type of tires will act differently in different types of snow.

Make sense?
I'll slow it down even more for you....

my whole point was....

It didn't actually differently. It acted just as shitty. In......wait for it....different types of snow.

Again, point was, they are not good in the snow regardless of type.

Snow tires are good in the snow.

People have stated in many threads that the DT's were SO much better than whatever mud tire they had before.....I called bullshit. We tried it

Old 01-14-2016, 12:54 PM
JK Newbie

I'll slow it down even more for you....

my whole point was....

It didn't actually differently. It acted just as shitty. In......wait for it....different types of snow.

Again, point was, they are not good in the snow regardless of type.

Snow tires are good in the snow.

People have stated in many threads that the DT's were SO much better than whatever mud tire they had before.....I called bullshit. We tried it

So you were able to test in all sorts of different types of snow in just one night. Wow, you must live in a strange place...
Old 01-14-2016, 12:56 PM
JK Super Freak

So you were able to test in all sorts of different types of snow in just one night. Wow, you must live in a strange place...
Yep....we had deep snow on the side from plows

Regular powdery 6" untouched snow on the field and the street was melting from Salt and was slushy.

WI eh....thought that happens there too

Old 01-14-2016, 01:03 PM
JK Newbie

Yep....we had deep snow on the side from plows

Regular powdery 6" untouched snow on the field and the street was melting from Salt and was slushy.

WI eh....thought that happens there too

Well I guess then your opinion is the truth and everyone else is wrong.

You heard it here first folks, let it be known that Jay has deemed the Duratrac a shitty tire based on his extensive and through testing.
Old 01-14-2016, 01:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Well I guess then your opinion is the truth and everyone else is wrong.

You heard it here first folks, let it be known that Jay has deemed the Duratrac a shitty tire based on his extensive and through testing.
Glad we got that straight.

Oh and look at a few of the posts before your righteous one....they said the same thing. ..they weren't good in the snow.

Even someone that owns them!...wait, maybe it was even driven in 87 different types of snow?

Old 01-14-2016, 01:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So what was the point of the test again....??
Sounds like you all can't drive in snow or you all have crappy tires, I don't get the point of singling out one brand of tire other than you don't have them and are jealous of the friend that does.
The test was pointless and is only used to confirm so made up gripe you have about the tire.
Old 01-14-2016, 01:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jchappies
So what was the point of the test again....??
Sounds like you all can't drive in snow or you all have crappy tires, I don't get the point of singling out one brand of tire other than you don't have them and are jealous of the friend that does.
The test was pointless and is only used to confirm so made up gripe you have about the tire.
Jealous...umm nope. Never liked the way they looked and now I don't like the way they perform.

Did you remember me also saying my tires and Toyos sucked in the same conditions just as bad?

Old 01-14-2016, 01:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Well I guess then your opinion is the truth and everyone else is wrong. You heard it here first folks, let it be known that Jay has deemed the Duratrac a shitty tire based on his extensive and through testing.
Seriously, a high void unsiped tire performed the same as a low void heavily siped tire on slushy conditions! I guess I'm crazy for wishing I had my DuraTracs again the 3 months it snows here.

Quick Reply: Duratrac's. ...NOT IMPRESSED