Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Duratrac's. ...NOT IMPRESSED

Old 01-15-2016, 05:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladimer
Lets keep this on track guys. No sense in getting into pointless banter, doesn't take the discussion anywhere besides the circus or deletion.

I should note my JK is pretty heavy as well, front/rear full bumpers, armour, 4x 4g fuel, 37's, carrier, etc... find it sticks on the road when slippery quite a bit better but its the devil traversing muskeg. Basically like extra sand bags
Seems we are finding weight is more of a determining factor.

I'm relatively lite...no armor, Bushwackers and JCR Dagger rear bumper.

I'll bet if I was loaded with armor, Jerry cans, full bumpers, winch, steel flares etc. it would have a definite effect with 200-400 lbs additional.

Sent from my SM-N920T using JK-Forum
Old 01-15-2016, 09:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

going from the bone stock rubicon mt-r, to the duratac's with a 2.5 inch lift and increasing size to 33's, I found the duratrac's to be much more stable, of course it is easy to get the back loose if thats what you wanted. At the time i still had arb skid plates a winch and front skid plate, so a little extra weight.

Now i have front and rear steel bumpers, and until reading this thread didn't think anything of the extra weight helping with traction, but I was just thinking, the other day, how much these drive better than mtr's on the snow and ice covered roads.

2dr ,soft top

Last edited by junoh; 01-15-2016 at 11:40 PM.
Old 01-16-2016, 12:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JayswranglerX
That response written by a kid? Anyone that types bahaha immediately loses credibility and proves your lack of maturity. I'm sad for you and your tires Sent from my SM-N920T using JK-Forum
Lol ..... I mean bahahaha ...... You should hand out resume's to all major tire companies and with your amazing tire testing experience you could easily move right to the top..... earn 6 figures.... Just a thought...... Reading some of your responses ....... You seriously have issues bro!!! Can I call you bro???? Lol
Old 01-16-2016, 04:29 AM
JK Freak

This thread is pure Jeep forum gold. It's the typical Whatever I have is awesome, Whatever someone else has "doesn't seem very good and I don't get the hype" wrapped in a "I tested it myself" veil of credibility. These are a dime a dozen on these type of fan forums. They definitely are funny when they turn into full-on pissing matches.
Old 01-16-2016, 05:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Mattk11
This thread is pure Jeep forum gold. It's the typical Whatever I have is awesome, Whatever someone else has "doesn't seem very good and I don't get the hype" wrapped in a "I tested it myself" veil of credibility. These are a dime a dozen on these type of fan forums. They definitely are funny when they turn into full-on pissing matches.
We aim to please.....

Old 01-16-2016, 05:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by robsjeep9

Lol ..... I mean bahahaha ...... You should hand out resume's to all major tire companies and with your amazing tire testing experience you could easily move right to the top..... earn 6 figures.... Just a thought...... Reading some of your responses ....... You seriously have issues bro!!! Can I call you bro???? Lol
1. Learn how to form and write a sentence.
2. Never use the word "bro" again. It's a typical toolbag word (but we gathered that about you from your responses)
3. Take some anger management classes killer...we are only discussing tires.

Quick Reply: Duratrac's. ...NOT IMPRESSED