Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Duratracs not being made again until 2013

Old 05-12-2012, 07:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by carolinajk
they sell ok im sure just that thenumbers dont justify x number of employees and resources dedicated to that task at this time . wish id bought 20 sets of the bastards a year ago . can we say markup boys and girls ? lol
Meh only for the people with a flat looking for a matching replacement. Its not like there are not a ton of comparable products on the market.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by saharastyle1354
my buddy has a nissan and said duratracs are super popular in other forums as well. strangeee.
Super popular in OFFROAD forums. Count the number of sedans, minivans, mom-SUVs, etc you see on a daily basis, all running street tires. Compare that number to the amount of offroad vehicles you see on a daily basis. Then, realize that Goodyear is a huge, worldwide company and you'll see why they are limited production tires. The MT/RK are the same way. They probably just re-tool the same manufacturing line for each of those two tires...
Old 05-12-2012, 09:43 PM
JK Freak

4wheelparts shows them in stock in several sizes....what size are you looking for?
Old 05-12-2012, 10:45 PM
JK Super Freak

I was considering these and BFG AT in November (Black Friday). I went to Sears because of a deal with 0% for a year. They were out of production back then too so I went with the BFG.

That would suck to ruin one on a trail and then have to buy something else that doesn't match to use for a spare. I consider their production issues a major reason to not consider these tires.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was one of the first people on here to get Duratracs back in 2009, loved them on and off road. Now I have 35s Duratracs on my 2012 - sucks for my tire replacement warranty I bought!!!
Old 05-13-2012, 03:48 AM
JK Newbie

I just bought 5 Duratracs from a small town tire shop in Kansas last week. They were not in stock, but had them in a couple days. Now, I just hope I don't ruin any for the next year or so.

Quick Reply: Duratracs not being made again until 2013