Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Duratrac tires white letter or BSW?

Old 03-01-2011, 07:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duratrac tires white letter or BSW?

I have my Goodyear Duratrac 35's (ok 34.5's...) ordered and on the way and I forgot 1 critical thing...are they OWL or BSW? I went back to the website: discount tire direct and it's not readily clear, but it has lettering nomenclature that indicates a B. So does that mean it's black facing out or what? Anyone out there have these and can tell me? Can't believe I didn't think about that...
Old 03-01-2011, 07:29 PM
JK Junkie

I have them in 315/75R16, and there is no white lettering.... Hope that helps.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

They can mount either way, I've got 285s mounted black to the outside. You could mount them white side out as well, I think they asked me at the shop what my preference was.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jwhitehorn
I have them in 315/75R16, and there is no white lettering.... Hope that helps.
Same here. I think this size only comes with black letters
Old 03-02-2011, 02:25 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Mine were all black letters, but my prior tires were white and I just had the shop mount them with the white to the inside. It wasn't too long before that side was so dirty you couldn't tell what color they were. Actually, they looked more red because of the dirt we have here in Oklahoma ...

Old 03-02-2011, 02:35 AM
JK Freak

Goodyear's website lists the color of the lettering for each size of Durtracs. That size should be black.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NormalJeep
They can mount either way, I've got 285s mounted black to the outside. You could mount them white side out as well, I think they asked me at the shop what my preference was.
x2 on that...except mine were Silentarmors. Tell the guy your preference if he doesn't ask. I went with the black out to go with my black Jeep.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:40 AM
JK Freak

Thanks all! I guess I got worried after reading a thread on here that some tires have asymmetrical or directional tread patterns that require the tire to be mounted a certain side out. I wanted black side out so it looks like I'm okay....whew.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:40 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Goeagles88
Thanks all! I guess I got worried after reading a thread on here that some tires have asymmetrical or directional tread patterns that require the tire to be mounted a certain side out. I wanted black side out so it looks like I'm okay....whew.
Yeah, the Duratracs aren't directional, so you are good to go. I have recently researched the same thing. lol. Be sure to post up pics when you get them on.

Quick Reply: Duratrac tires white letter or BSW?