Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Duratrac - are they #1?

Old 08-07-2011, 01:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duratrac - are they #1?

All-

For all wranglers per JKs, the BF K/O's were the preferred tires for the daily driver. Has goodyear's duratrac taken over as the preferred pick?

Thoughts?
Old 08-07-2011, 01:59 PM
JK Newbie

Default ?????

I'm going to be monitoring this one because I am thinking of going with the Duratracs. I'm not a Goodyear man but do like the aggressive look of the Duratracs in an A/T tire. So far I've read and watched nothing but positive on them?
Old 08-07-2011, 02:06 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use Mickey Thompson MTZ's for summer wheel'n and the Duratracs for winter... They still give me that aggressive look PLUS they're snowflake rated so good for snow n ice
Old 08-07-2011, 02:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default I love my Duratracs

The only other tires I've had on my Jeep have been the stock Wranglers. I took them off road and they were slipping and sliding all over the rocks and mud. It has been a night and day difference on and off road since I made the swap. Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

They are a very good tire, on and moderate off road. I have had two flats that I wasn't prepared for, bottle and screw. Never had a bottle puncture a tire but screw am aware of it. I run 32/30 psi and have good wear characteristics and very quiet. When they wear down I think I will be changing to a more aggressive true off road tire. I would rate it at a 10 for an all terrain, but when rated next to a dedicated mud/offroad tire 7ish. So overall I like this tire, I will be putting them on the TJ when the mtr K's need replacing. Its my wife's daily now so it will help with mileage and noise. So as a #1, I would say for an all terrain definitely. Good choice for a daily.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
I use Mickey Thompson MTZ's for summer wheel'n and the Duratracs for winter... They still give me that aggressive look PLUS they're snowflake rated so good for snow n ice
I now have MTZs on a TJ and DuraTracs on a JK.

I prefer the MTZs in almost everyway except for a little more noise. You however have to pay a great deal more for them.

I am still amazed by how quiet the DuraTracs are versus a KM or KM2. While they are prone to puncture from the data collected here, I have heard of most folks having luck with the manfuactures warranty.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

No one against yet. Good sign because they are my next purchase.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:57 PM
JK Super Freak

I love my duratrac's both on and off road and ice and snow!!!!!
Old 08-07-2011, 04:06 PM
JK Freak

love my Duratracs so far. And they look mean and have the snow rating
Old 08-07-2011, 04:17 PM
JK Freak

awesome tire! 20,000mi. thus far. Can't complain w/exception of soft sidewalls. Gonna keep 'em when I get the KM2's...just in case...

Quick Reply: Duratrac - are they #1?