Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Duratrac as a DD compared to other ATs for highway noise

Old 08-12-2011, 04:44 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

I love my Duratracs. I had Dick Cepek FC IIs before, but I think the Duratracks are better overall performers. They are absolutely remarkable in the sand--just returned from Colorado and one of several trails I ran included Medano Pass which takes you onto the back side of the dunes at Great Sand Dunes National Park. In June, Tower Arch Trail, another very sandy one, was a piece of cake. Very quiet tire on the highway during over 7K miles of trips these past few months--extremely pleased with overall performance.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think my 315s are that much louder than the Duelers they replaced on the highway. They are suprisingly smooth and quiet on the road and perform beautifully offroad. If I get to a point where I can wheel more often, I might....might consider a more aggessive MT. However, for a DD and a rig that wheels once or twice a month, this tire is awesome. Plus it looks mean for an AT tire. I would gladly recommend it and will likely purchase it again.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I love my Duratracs. I had Dick Cepek FC IIs before, but I think the Duratracks are better overall performers. They are absolutely remarkable in the sand--just returned from Colorado and one of several trails I ran included Medano Pass which takes you onto the back side of the dunes at Great Sand Dunes National Park. In June, Tower Arch Trail, another very sandy one, was a piece of cake. Very quiet tire on the highway during over 7K miles of trips these past few months--extremely pleased with overall performance.
Doyou think that they are better in the sand than your old FCII's?
Old 08-13-2011, 03:52 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 197 Posts

My duratracks are very quiet....
Old 08-15-2011, 10:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Just got them today!

Well I did it. I swapped my 285/75/17 toyo ATs for a set of 285/70/17 duratracs. So far I am really happy with them. They are a bit louder than my other tires but look way better and run super smooth.

Last edited by troyboy; 08-15-2011 at 10:22 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Mark Doiron;2465381]I love my Duratracs. I had Dick Cepek FC IIs before, but I think the Duratracks are better overall performers. They are absolutely remarkable in the sand--just returned from Colorado and one of several trails I ran included Medano Pass which takes you onto the back side of the dunes at Great Sand Dunes National Park. In June, Tower Arch Trail, another very sandy one, was a piece of cake. Very quiet tire on the highway during over 7K miles of trips these past few months--extremely pleased with overall performance.

Nice Pics!!!
Old 08-16-2011, 06:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have Duratracs on my wife's TJ. They are virtually silent and work great off road. If they made a 37 that would be my next tire.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:32 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by ccwbrd
Doyou think that they are better in the sand than your old FCII's?
Yes I do.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:12 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron

Love this JK! Absolute love!

What is the euro-size of your 35's...
Old 08-16-2011, 08:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

I freakin love my duratracs. They r smooth and quiet on the road.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110816_121451.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	197271  

Quick Reply: Duratrac as a DD compared to other ATs for highway noise