Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

dual steering stabilizer help!

Old 01-20-2011, 04:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dual steering stabilizer help!

i have a 4'' lift with 37x13.5. i have one steering stabilizer and a track bar. no arms. will putting dual stabilizer on help move the wheels better? and help with death wobble??
Old 01-20-2011, 04:48 PM
JK Jedi Master

The short answer is no.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just got rid of my DW problem, My wife had took it to a bunch of different Shops with no luck. Finally met Pink_Toes here and he had my wife bring the jeep over to his house and found the problem, which was the Track bar bolt hole in the frame was wallowed out. So she took it over to a FAB shop that builds rock crawlers and they welded the washers over the bolt hole to make it round them round again and good bye DW.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:42 PM
JK Newbie

They will not help the wheels/tires move better - period. They are in place to resist the quick sharp movements caused by the tires getting pushed or pulled in a direction other than the intended direction. <---Sounds like a text book definition, huh? That's actually just my version of what happens!

DW is usually caused by mis-aligned components or worn trackbar or suspension components/bushings/or damaged parts. MOST DW feelings will not be affected by steering stabilizers.

In a well made or properly functioning suspension system - a steering stabilizer will not make much if any difference, unless the vehicle is used in a high speed off-road setting. Stabilizers will help in the event like a tire failure in normal street driving.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

but is it better to have dual stabilizers though???
Old 01-20-2011, 06:10 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by JK crystal
but is it better to have dual stabilizers though???
No. If your suspension is dialed in correctly a steering stabilizer is not even needed, except to buffer minor road defects.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:23 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Robar
No. If your suspension is dialed in correctly a steering stabilizer is not even needed, except to buffer minor road defects.
Agree to this 100%. I used to have RC Dual Stabilizers which replaced the stock SS, and to be perfectly honest, I didn't see a lick of difference between the duals or the stock. Eventually took it off to try something and didn't finish it that night, and had to go to work in the morning without a SS, and it drove and handled just fine. So, it's been without an SS ever since - for a few months now.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Don't waste your money put it towards something else
Old 01-20-2011, 07:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by interceptor_1972
Agree to this 100%. I used to have RC Dual Stabilizers which replaced the stock SS, and to be perfectly honest, I didn't see a lick of difference between the duals or the stock. Eventually took it off to try something and didn't finish it that night, and had to go to work in the morning without a SS, and it drove and handled just fine. So, it's been without an SS ever since - for a few months now.
Agreed, took mine off to put the pro rock 44 in and didn't ever put it back on. If your steering components are installed correctly and torqued to the proper values a steering stabilizer is just fluff.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

okay thanks everyone!! gonna use that money for long arms instead

Quick Reply: dual steering stabilizer help!