Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

dual steering stabilizer?

Old 02-19-2016, 05:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This dual/single/none debate could go on forever.

I was of the single/none crowd while owning two Jk's in various suspension combinations until I tried my Fox ATS.

I had no problems at all on my very low mileage JK (with no trail time) when I installed my ATS (gift from my wife) and it made my Jk feel awesome in the steering department.

That being said, I'm only running 33's on this JK and don't plan on going any bigger. If I was, I would get another ATS. I'm planning on the Rancho stabilizer only so it will match my shocks and look good.

I've heard rumors of Rancho have another promotion starting March 1st so I'm just waiting on that.

Last edited by LidLess07X; 02-19-2016 at 05:59 AM. Reason: added Rancho promotion info
Old 02-19-2016, 06:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LidLess07X
This dual/single/none debate could go on forever.

I was of the single/none crowd while owning two Jk's in various suspension combinations until I tried my Fox ATS.

I had no problems at all on my very low mileage JK (with no trail time) when I installed my ATS (gift from my wife) and it made my Jk feel awesome in the steering department.

That being said, I'm only running 33's on this JK and don't plan on going any bigger. If I was, I would get another ATS. I'm planning on the Rancho stabilizer only so it will match my shocks and look good.

I've heard rumors of Rancho have another promotion starting March 1st so I'm just waiting on that.
I Agree....
Old 07-06-2020, 02:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have any experience with the Rough Country N3 of Skyjacker M95 dual steering stabilizers - https://jeepequipment.com/jeep-wrang...g-stabilizers/. Will either do the Job satisfactory compared to the pricey Fox 2.0 dual stabilizer. Please post you reviews and opinions!
Old 07-06-2020, 06:08 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

If the N3 is nitro charged then avoid it. Realistically, why "upgrade" at all. The Teraflex unit and stock takeoff's are the cheapest you'll find and they'll work. There's really no need for a stabilizer at all.
Old 07-06-2020, 06:49 AM
Super Moderator

Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts

Karl has it right. The OEM stabilizer is all you need, if at all.
Old 07-06-2020, 06:51 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,701 Posts

The only thing more ridiculous than spending money on an expensive stabilizer like the FOX or Falcon, is a dual stabilizer. Taking a crappy gas charge SS and mounting it to combat the wander created by a solo gas charge unit (which is basically what the dual ones do) is the most redonk thing ever IMO . Keep the factory SS or another inexpensive there that has generally equal pressure expanding and compressing. Think about this....when you have a gremlin in the steering system (bad joint, loose bolt, etc), do you want to mask the symptom, or do you want to know there's a problem so that you can address it? Way back in the day I used a TF VSS9550 that was a decent one (~$55) when the factory crapped out. I've run without before too.

Quick Reply: dual steering stabilizer?