Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

dual steering stabilizer?

Old 02-15-2016, 02:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JayswranglerX
I run the dual bilstein on mine with a 4.5" lift and 37's. Don't get why people say they are not needed...so stupid. Don't need sway bars either but they sure help comfort and stability. Jeep puts them on stock for a reason. If people claim going to 35's or 37's needs all sorts of upgrades to axles and ball joints and control arms why the hell wouldn't a factory stabilizer need it too? Are they stronger than your axles? Just a bunch of parrots regurgitating what other people say...who are wrong anyway. I have a well set up and dialed in front end with DL flip, JKS track bar etc..and felt a more solid steering feel and a little less feedback in the wheel. Do it....you'll be glad you did Sent from my SM-N920T using JK-Forum
I'll let you drive my jeep with it on and with it off. There isn't a difference.
Old 02-15-2016, 03:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MICHAEL450f

I'll let you drive my jeep with it on and with it off. There isn't a difference.
We're talking duals not singles.

Sent from my SM-N920T using JK-Forum
Old 02-15-2016, 04:48 PM
JK Newbie

I run the dual bilstein on mine with a 4.5" lift and 37's. Don't get why people say they are not needed...so stupid. Don't need sway bars either but they sure help comfort and stability. Jeep puts them on stock for a reason. If people claim going to 35's or 37's needs all sorts of upgrades to axles and ball joints and control arms why the hell wouldn't a factory stabilizer need it too? Are they stronger than your axles? Just a bunch of parrots regurgitating what other people say...who are wrong anyway. I have a well set up and dialed in front end with DL flip, JKS track bar etc..and felt a more solid steering feel and a little less feedback in the wheel. Do it....you'll be glad you did Sent from my SM-N920T using JK-Forum
If you run two, and all of your other stuff is all dialed in, then good for you. What we're saying is that it's most commonly used to cover up problems in your steering setup. Even a single one can mask problems. What's really "stupid" is thinking that your steering is perfectly setup because you can't feel what's happening. And as far as people recommending all those things when tire size goes up, nobody recommends dual steering stabilizers because they recommend hydro assist.
Old 02-15-2016, 07:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My advice take your current one off and drive around without it. If you don't like it upgrade, if you notice a shake diagnose the problem before it gets worse.

Last edited by ronin2120; 02-15-2016 at 07:38 PM.
Old 02-15-2016, 07:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Running 40x15.50s on 20in slabs, not sure it gets any heavier or more wide than that for a radial... No stabilizer of any kind and zero problems.. Not all that easy to turn at slow speeds but that's expected. No wobble, bump steer, nothing... Drives great. That being said it goes next week for a consultation on hydro asst Can't turn these on the trail. I can't say wether a single or dual is necessary. All I know is I took my single off and it's no different..
Old 02-16-2016, 03:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by WashingtonWrangler
If you run two, and all of your other stuff is all dialed in, then good for you. What we're saying is that it's most commonly used to cover up problems in your steering setup. Even a single one can mask problems. What's really "stupid" is thinking that your steering is perfectly setup because you can't feel what's happening. And as far as people recommending all those things when tire size goes up, nobody recommends dual steering stabilizers because they recommend hydro assist.
Ok you make no sense. They are there from the factory to reduce feedback. Adding massive tires and a lift overpowers a small factory unit. Adding duals restores some of the original intent Jeep put them on there our in the first place.

You can still completely feel what's happening with the steering....have you run duals? If not then you have no basis other than opinion

Old 02-16-2016, 03:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok you make no sense. They are there from the factory to reduce feedback. Adding massive tires and a lift overpowers a small factory unit. Adding duals restores some of the original intent Jeep put them on there our in the first place. You can still completely feel what's happening with the steering....have you run duals? If not then you have no basis other than opinion Sent from my SM-N920T using JK-Forum
I'm running factory stabilizer on 35's for 3 years now and it works cause front end is perfect
Old 02-16-2016, 04:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jeepstercanada
I'm running factory stabilizer on 35's for 3 years now and it works cause front end is perfect
Congrats

Old 02-19-2016, 03:05 AM
JK Newbie

After having my front end completely rebuilt, I had my lift kit installed and new tires put on. After putting 500 miles on it, I had the Rough Country dual stabilizers installed and it made a big difference in the feel of the jeep over the stock one. I was aware that the Stabilizer Police would go crazy. I didn't care. It's One of the best mods I've done. I wish I hadn't listened to them and did it a few years ago.

Did my factory one work? Yes. Is the overall feel better with the dual over the stock factory. Yes, by a lot. Night and day difference. I can still feel what the front end is doing, but now it doesn't feel like I'm driving a kids go-cart. Price difference, $79 for single, $110 for the dual. The stock one just can not handle a 4" lift and big tires. The stabilizer is there for a few reasons, and I prefer to have my jeep handle like it was designed to.

As far as shocks, I've got the Rough Country shocks on my JK. Lots of negative comments about them up here, but mine have been fine. Plus, if they do fail, RC will replace them.

Last edited by LAARS; 02-19-2016 at 06:50 AM.
Old 02-19-2016, 05:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Back on the topic of shocks...I put the Rancho 9000s on last summer and couldn't be happier. I picked them up for a real good price too. Definitely recommend for cheaper adjustability!

Quick Reply: dual steering stabilizer?